Question about Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
I have a HE4T Kenmore elite washer, the washing cycle has stopped and it is flashing, H and then F
No water detected entering machine or pressure switch trip not detected
If after 30 seconds the control does not detect water entering machine, the valves will be turned off and the error code will be displayed.
If the control has turned the water valves on, and after 8 minutes, the flow sensor has detected 10.5 gallons of water passing through it, but has not detected the pressure switch trip, the valves will be turned off, and the error code will flash.
Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.
Possible Causes / Procedure
• If there is no water in the unit:
- Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned on all the way.
- Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves.
- Verify inlet valve operation.
• If there is water in the unit:
- Verify drain pump operation.
- Verify that the pressure switch hose is in good condition and properly connected to tub
and pressure switch.
1. Verify there is not a siphon problem.
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Verify wire harness connections to inlet valves, pressure switch, drain pump, flow meter,
and Central Control Unit (CCU).
4. Check all hoses for possible leaks.
5. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
6. Verify pressure switch operation.
7. Verify flow meter operation by blowing air through the part and measuring the resistance.
8. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic test or any cycle.
Replace failed component.(usually this will be failed pressure switch. the hose should be replaced as well)
Posted on Jul 21, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 06, 2010 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Dec 24, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Aug 15, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
May 05, 2009 | Washing Machines
Feb 12, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jan 23, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Nov 19, 2015 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
500 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: