How can i install windows xp on laptop CQ60-104TU without flushing the BIOS
When your operating system stops working correctly, you might need to re-install it. In many cases, when you continue operating the same computer for years, installing and un-installing programs over and over again, sometimes certain operating system files don't work as well as they once did. When that happens, you can also start a re-installation of your operating system. If you use the same operating system for a number of years, it is often helpful to re-install the system software every now and then.
1. Put the original CD or DVD for the operating system in your CD or DVD drive.
2. Shut down your computer and restart the computer. Boot from the CD, if your system asks. This will start the installation process and will pause when a blue installation screen appears.
3. As the screen directs, press the "Enter" key to continue the installation process.
4. Press the "F8" key to continue the installation, agreeing with the Windows Operating System licensing agreement.
5. Press the "R" key on the next screen to attempt the repair process. This process will attempt to re-install all the operating system files that are on the installation disk without bothering any of the customization that you have done to your operating system. This process may take a few hours to complete, but when it completes, you should have Windows XP re-installed and working on your laptop.
I hope you find it very helpful. Best regards.
Aug 15, 2011 |
Compaq Presario Notebook