Question about RCA Televison & Video
Set-up (Programming) procedure is too much to type in here, and is not practical and it will differ brand-to-brand remote controls. If you wish to get more; check the sites linked here. The site has set-up code list & set-up procedure to many popular brand remote controls. The site has general set-up codes to check with TVs and other devices are given, in the order of the 'device's brand name list' in alphabetical order. Set-up code list to many brand remote controls also is given. Pull up older posts. Search the sites by type in the brand name to your device in its search box at the top right part of the display window. It will help you to find the document easily.
• If your device does not respond to the remote after trying all codes listed or your brand is not listed in the code list, use the Auto Code Search method to program your remote.
• Sometimes the first code that "works" with your device may operate only a few functions of your device. There may be another code in the code list that performs more functions. Try other codes from the code list for more functionality.
This is a trial and error procedure; and quiet time consuming. You might have to check different codes said for your device.
Search the site by type in the "brand name" to your device; in the "Search box at the top right of the display window" to get gathered related posts.
Posted on Dec 14, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Since the Funai code does not work, you have to use the CODE SEARCH feature.
The remote may already be set up to operate your brand of TV, VCR, Laserdisc, Satellite Receiver, Audio Equipment, or Cable Box. It is pre-programmed with the following codes: TV-000, VCR1-000, AUDIO-003, and SAT•Cable Box-000. For brands that require programming, there are two ways to program: Using Code Lists or Code Search. Use Code Search if the code lists are not available or if the codes from the lists do not operate a device.
Programming a Device using CODE SEARCH
1. Manually turn on your device (TV, VCR, Laserdisc Player, Satellite Receiver, Cable Box or Audio Equipment).
2. Press and hold CODE•SRCH.
3. Press and release the device button you want to set up (TV, VCR1, VCR2•LD, SAT•CABLE, or AUDIO).
4. Release CODE•SRCH.
5. Press POWER repeatedly until the device turns off (you may have to press up to
6. Once the device turns off, press and release ENTER.
7. With the device on, press another button, for example CHANNEL UP. If the device responds, no further programming is required. If the device does not respond,
repeat steps 1-7.
Programming Your Universal Remote
Posted on Nov 17, 2008
With your model number at hand, check the RCA website for a later code list.
If you are the exception, you might find one.
Most all remotes have a 'search' function that lets you scan through all of the available code sets but this feature will, in most cases, provide only minimal functionality such as Power, Volume and Channel.
In truth, there isn't any such thing as a 'universal' remote, including the 'learning' remotes; I have one of those and it is unable to 'learn' from either of my later sets' remotes. At best, these should be called (honestly) 'multi-brand.'
Posted on May 17, 2009
I hope that this link helps you!!!.. Your Welcome.. I had the same issue.. tried this and hey! it worked.
Posted on Aug 13, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 01, 2016 | RCA Televison & Video
Oct 30, 2014 | RCA Universal Remote Control
Oct 04, 2014 | RCA Televison & Video
Apr 15, 2013 | RCA Detk185r 18.5" Led Hdtv
Aug 03, 2012 | RCA Televison & Video
Nov 17, 2010 | RCA Universal Remote Control
May 02, 2010 | RCA RCU600M Remote Control
Jul 26, 2009 | RCA Televison & Video
Jun 14, 2018 | RCA Televison & Video
47 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: