Question about Bissell Vacuums
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Thanks to many others who have posted on similar problems -- water
and/or solution sprays through the handheld tools, but not through the
As others have suggested, I removed the water reservoir, which exposes the 2 main water sprays mounted above the rollers. Using, pliers, I carefully slid the clips back. Gently but firmly removed the two red nozzles.
Elsewhere I have read suggestions to just do one nozzle at a time. However, I found out that if you remove both red nozzles, you can then blow through one side and it will come out the other. In my case, that dislodged a nice collection of crystal-like chunks (guessing it may be crystallized residue from the cleaning solution).
There was also a bit of blockage in one of the red nozzles, which I cleaned out. Make sure you can blow through both of them with little resistance.
Reassemble: Push red nozzles back into hoses. Using pliers, reposition sprung clip back over the red nozzle. Snap nozzles back into place. Refill tanks and power it up.
In my case, that resolved the problem of no sprays from the main machine. Sprays like new now. Hope yours does too!! g
Posted on Sep 26, 2009
Under the plastic under the water tank (its a pain to pull apart to get to it) there is a solenoid that actuates the water between the floor and the tools. This is toast if its not spraying the floor, its simply not reacting to the signal to let it go through to the water side.
Seems to be a common problem with the Bissell Proheats. You can order a new one online for about $12 and try to get to it to replace it yourself (if you can open up the base its obvious which part it is if you just follow the hoses).
Posted on Oct 31, 2009
That means that you need to replace the pump belt. Here is the belt you
need and a manual you can view:
Bissell 7901 Belt and Manual
Posted on Mar 02, 2010
Testimonial: "just what I was looking for thank you"
Check to ensure there is liquid in the water tank and the formula bottle.
Note: This machine will spray with liquid in the Water tank only if the machine is set to the Water Rinse setting. On any other setting, you need to have liquid in the formula tank as well.
If no: add liquid to the Water tank and the Formula tank.
If yes: check each of the following....
- Check the bottom of the Water Tank and the Formula Tank to make sure each has a red auto-load gasket attached. Make sure the Water Tank and the Formula Tank are seated properly.
- Ensure the tank lid is properly attached to the bottom of the tank. To attach this properly, remove the Water Tank from the machine. Hook the front window onto the lip of the bottom container and then allow the window with lid to cover the complete tank. Secure the latch on the back of the bottom tank to the back of the tank lid. THE TANK LID CANNOT BE ATTACHED PROPERLY IF THE BOTTOM TANK IS ALREADY INSTALLED IN THE MACHINE.
-If everything is seated and attached properly, prime the machine by turning off the power, waiting one minute, and then turning the power back on and depressing the trigger on the handle.
- If priming the unit fails to fix the problem, remove the handle completely and re-attach. Once the handle is re-attached, re-attempt to spray.
If the machine continues to not spray, check the following:
REMOVE THE COLLECTION TANK:
• Make sure the unit is set to water rinse
• Remove the smart mix bottle and fill it with water only
• Place the smart mix bottle into the collection tank reservoir
• Run the unit and try to spray. If the machine sprays, you will be able to see the water level decreasing in the smart mix bottle and you will need to replace the bottom tank. It is possibly warped.
Posted on Jun 15, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 28, 2014 | Bissell ProHeat Turbo Deep Cleaner Upright...
Call BISSELL Consumer Services.
Mon-Fri: 8am to 10pm ET
Sat: 9am to 8pm ET
Apr 07, 2011 | Bissell ProHeat Turbo Deep Cleaner Upright...
Sep 27, 2010 | Bissell ProHeat Turbo Deep Cleaner Upright...
Aug 20, 2010 | Euro-Pro S3325 Handheld Steam Vacuum
Jul 10, 2010 | Bissell ProHeat Turbo Deep Cleaner Upright...
Apr 29, 2010 | Bissell Carpet Cleaner Powerbrush Deep...
Mar 01, 2010 | Bissell 7901-1 ProHeat Scotchgard Upright...
Dec 12, 2009 | Bissell ProHeat Turbo Deep Cleaner Upright...
Apr 06, 2009 | Bissell 1725-1 Little Green ProHeat...
Jul 27, 2008 | Vacuums
24 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!