Steps to take if you don't receive an item or it's significantly not as described
If you've paid for an item but not received it, or the item doesn't match the seller's description, you can follow these steps.
Be aware of the timing for opening and closing cases. (If you paid by credit card, be aware of your card company's policies too.)
- You can open a case in the Resolution Centre 10-45 days after the sale (for payment outside of PayPal)
- The seller has up to 10 days to respond to your case.
- If you haven't closed it within 90 days after the end of the transaction, your case closes automatically.
1. Talk to the seller
Most problems can be solved by direct communication between buyers and sellers. Communicate with your trading partner
to try to resolve the problem. If you attempt to contact the seller by email but don't receive a response, you can request the seller's contact information
and call them. If you can't resolve the problem, use the steps described here.
2. Open a case to work it out in our Resolution Centre
If you can't work things out directly with the seller, you can open a case in eBay's Resolution Centre. The Resolution Centre creates a dialogue between you and the seller and tracks your case for you.
If you paid with PayPal, you'll be taken to the PayPal Resolution Centre
to open your case. This is the first step in filing a dispute for protection under PayPal's Buyer Protection
. You can open a case in the PayPal Resolution Centre up to 45 days after your PayPal transaction date.
The resolution process for PayPal disputes is different from the process for non-PayPal cases, which is described in the rest of this article. For full details, see the PayPal Buyer Protection Policy
To open a case (10 to 45 days from when you bought your item):
- Go to the Resolution Centre.
- Select your problem and click Continue. You may need to sign in to your account.
- Enter your item number, or click Find Item to choose from your list of recent purchases.
- Click Continue.
- Under Tell us how you paid for this item, select the payment method you used.
- If you select PayPal, you'll be redirected to the PayPal Resolution Centre. (You'll still be able to view your PayPal case from the eBay Resolution Centre.)
- If you select another method, describe the method and clickContinue.
- Review your case details and then click Open Case.
More Info Click on The Link Bellow
What to do when you don receive your item or it not as described