Question about HP Photosmart 7510 C311A Inkjet Multifunction Printer - Color Photo
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Paper Jam
I have exactly the same printer, here's how to remove jammed paper.
1. Unplug printer from mains and your computer. 2. Turn Printer around 3. There is a darker-grey panel with a knob in the middle of it. Turn the knob anti-clockwise to release the panel 4. The jammed paper should loop around the roller. Gently pull on the loop slowly until it has released fully. 5. Put the panel back on the printer and turn knob anti-clockwise to lock it into place.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Jan 05, 2009
There's a couple things that can cause recurring paper jams. Most often, all the pieces of the jammed paper aren't removed. This video shows you where to look to find all the jammed paper. It also offers some other solutions as well. If the solutions in this video don't work, the printer is likely broken.
Posted on Dec 23, 2009
Based on encouragement from olsnake above, I fixed it easily. It definitely WAS the encoder wheel (a thin clear plastic disk printed
with timing marks) on the left side of the paper-feed roller, as you look at it from the front. This wheel provides motion feedback to the paper feed control software. If the disk is detached/loose, the device thinks the paper feed roller is stuck or impeded, and thus gives the annoying error.
What I did:
1) Remove the scanner assembly (it comes off with a few screws, and is a totally separate unit; The printer works with it completely disconnected (after it complains that the scanner is malfunctioning). Beware that you don't break off the little control panel. Or you can be safe and remove the one screw holding it on, by prying off the 'HP OfficeJet...One" plastic cover.
2) Once you have removed the scanner assembly:
at the left side you will see three white plastic gears meshed together; the farthest one is covered in a circular black
plastic cover. With some care you CAN remove this cover without any additional screwdriver work.
3) in my case (and most others I bet) the thin disk was detached from the gear to which it should be attached. I just shoved it back on, so it was tightly mated to its white gear. You should also ensure that the clear disk goes through the optical sensor at the bottom (mine was).
4) I did not bother to replace that cover, if you can do it, good for you.
5) Test, and reassemble.
This is about the WORST product engineering imaginable. But I have a working printer again!
Posted on Jan 17, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 20, 2015 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 31, 2018 | HP LaserJet 5000n Printer
Clearing paper jam in a printer is simple almost seven step
procedure depending on the printer. Paper jam is the term used to refer to the
scenario where your paper fails to come out of the printer during the print
process. When you send a document to the printer, normally the printer prints
out the document on a paper; then you can pick up your printed copy. When the
paper gets stuck in the printer, it is said that paper has jammed in the
printer "paper jam".
Even if you are not a technical person, you can conveniently
clear paper jams. All you need is to follow the set of procedures outlined
Good luck & God bless!
Mar 01, 2011 | HP Deskjet 3845 InkJet Printer
Dec 21, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Clearing credit card-sized paper jammed inside the printer
Credit card-sized and 4" x 6" sized paper must be loaded properly. If this media is not loaded properly, it will feed into the printer and will not exit. Credit card-sized paper should only be loaded in the ASF and in portrait orientation. 4" x 6" sized paper can be loaded in the ASF or cassette. But must be loaded portrait orientation.
If credit card-sized paper was loaded in landscape orientation in the ASF and did not eject (exit), please follow this procedure.
Dec 10, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
Nov 24, 2009 | Lexmark X4580 InkJet Printer
Aug 08, 2009 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: