Question about Garden
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: toro recycler runs like ****
You will need to disassemble the carburetor and spray
with carb.cleaner. Use a Den Tek Brush, (http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=165357&catid=1152), to clean the small portals and/or the jet in carb. These portals can become blocked. Replace the diaphragm as well. Reassemble and start.
If you need further assistance, just let me know.
Posted on Jun 19, 2009
Hi and welcome to FixYa. I am Kelly.
Does it sound like it is running rich (Black smoke) or lean can not reach normal speed)?
In either case. Here is how to clen the carb properly:
Before you start.... if you have a digital camera take "close up" PICTURES of the linkages and springs attaching to the carb. If this is your first time you will be so glad you did. You can always delete them later if you don't need them. :)
Here is what you need to do:
1. Fuel selector off
2. Remove float bowl mounting screws and nut
3. Remove the BRASS Jet / Orifice in the very bottom of the venturi tube inside the pickup tube. (Flat blade screwdriver) Hold the Orifice up to the light. You should see a pinhole. If it is not clear clean the orifice but do not force anything through the hole.
4. Underneath the Orifice there is yet another BRASS tube that you need to remove. (Flat blade screwdriver) Make sure all of the holes in the tube are clear. The tube will be over 2 inches long. Clean it and reinstall it.
5. Reinstall the Orifice.
6. Using a catch fuel container turn on the fuel selector. Fuel should flow at a good rate. GENTLY lift the float assy level and make sure fuel flow shuts off. When you drop the float again fuel should flow.
If you do not have fuel flow at this point the needle and seat will need to be inspected. Fuel selector OFF.
(The following procedure is to be done only if there is no fuel flow with fuel selector on.)
a. Remove the silver float pivot pin retaining screw
b. Drop the Float down (The needle will come off with the float. NOTE the position)
c. Inspect the tapered rubber of the needle If should be pointed. If it is not pointed then the rubber tip is stuck inside the seat.
d. Clean the seat hole ONLY if obstructed. (Easily damaged)
e. FUEL Selector on then off fuel should rapidly flow through the needle seat.
f. Renistall Float and needle making sure to get the pivot / hinge pin installed correctly and reinstall the silver retaining screw.
g. Fuel selector ON. Raise and lower float checking for free movement with fuel flow when lowered and stopped when the float is raised level.
NOTE if fuel does NOT stop when float is level you will need to bend the float tab (tab up if level is too high or tab down if level is too low) where the needle attaches to the float assy until it does.
7. If there still is no fuel flow at this point remove the fuel hose from the carb and check fuel flow. If no flow check that gas tank exit hole, fuel filter (if installed) and the selector valve assy for obstructions.
FUEL FLOW IS GOOD
Step 8 is VERY important"
8. BEFORE you install the float bowl inspect the bowl nut. There are 2 holes in the side of the nut where it screws in to the bottom of the carb that must be clear.
9. Install Float bowl mounting screws and nut. Check for leaks.
10. Test engine.
That should do it.
Thanks for using FixYa.
Posted on Apr 23, 2010
Can you hear the motor run when you try to start it when it's cold? If so then it could be in the drive mechanism. I had one that I thought had a bad bendix in the starter. Here it has a rubber disc that turns the starter sprocket. I removed the retainer, took off the sprocket. Cleaned everything and re-assembled, and low and behold it worked. A new starter was over $100.00. Now if yours doesn't even turn when its cold, I'd look into the starter push button, or key switch for bad connection.
Posted on Nov 22, 2010
SOURCE: toro snowthrower model # HSK 635 won't restart, stated first time, ran about ten minutes, then died, put brand new spark plug in, getting good spark, just won't fire up, even when I tried a li
check and make sure its getting fuel. when trying to start, spray some engine starting fluid in spark plug hole. just a little bit. replace the plug then try to start it. if it starts then quits then its a fuel problem. fuel not reaching engine. good-day !
Posted on Jan 30, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2018 | Toro Garden
Dec 01, 2017 | Garden
Dec 13, 2016 | Garden
Nov 21, 2015 | Toro Snow Blowers. Power Max 826 OE 26 in....
Feb 04, 2014 | Toro Power Max 726 OE Snowblower - 37771
Mar 14, 2017 | Garden
Jan 14, 2011 | Toro Garden
Dec 31, 2010 | Toro Lawn Mower With Toro Power Tools
Feb 11, 2010 | Toro Co M/R Blwr/Trmmr Rear Bag Kit
Dec 10, 2008 | Toro Garden
122 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!