Question about Acer Computers & Internet
Try this may be it works work for windows 10
1. put windows 7 bootable dvd on your dvd rom
2. when you see the install windows screen type "SHIFT" + "F10"
3. now you can see the Command prompt (CMD) and type the following command
Press "enter" key
4. now you get register edit window, after select File and click import
5. now you can see import registry file window
6. click computer and open c: drive on your registry file window
7. now open windows > system32 folder
8. change to " *.reg " to " all files "
9. now find and rename "sethc" file in to "sethc1"
10. now copy and paste the "cmd" file and you get "cmd copy"
11. rename "cmd copy" in to "sethc"
12. and close all open file and restart your computer
13. now after boot the windows you get password screen
14. after press " Shift " key continuously
15. now you can see CMD screen (dos screen) and type following command
press enter key
now you can see user account on your pc (find out which account you need to reset password and type following commands
net user youraccountname 0
16. net user is dos command
youraccountbane is username
0 is (zero) new password
17. now closed CMD screen (DOS screen)
18. type 0 on you password box and enter
Posted on Dec 08, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hi there, this may work, try this.
Take off laptop battery, remove power cord, turn laptop upside down.
Just take off screws on the covers you see, which let you see HDD, Memory,Wireless card,.... ,
take off the cover or check on line for service manual for your specific model on how to remove the plastic cover/ covers, which is covering the CMOS battery which is some time wrapped up with yellow tape. Just remove the battery by holding on the white connector which attached to the motherboard with black and red wires. Gently pull from the motherboard.
Now without the CMOS battery, connect power cord and turn on the laptop, it should turn on. Now turn off , remove the power cord, check voltage on battery , it should measure very close to 3volt (2.5 to 3.0 volt), otherwise get a new one, connect the battery, put back covers, and now you set a new password.
Posted on Feb 21, 2015
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 06, 2016 | Aspire Computers & Internet
Dec 18, 2015 | Acer Computers & Internet
May 14, 2011 | HP Mini 1000 Netbook
you will need your Acer recovery disk
insert into CDROM tray
Restart the Acer Aspire. When Windows boots up, select the username you want to reset the password for and press "Enter."
Feb 04, 2011 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Dec 01, 2009 | Acer Aspire One AOA150-1784 Netbook
Feb 23, 2009 | Acer Aspire 9410-4317 Notebook
Oct 03, 2007 | Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
Oct 02, 2007 | Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: