Question about Canon MP640 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I keep getting a scangear error 7,202,1 each time I use my Canon MP640. I am able to scan documents but it closes down after each scan. My OS is Windows 10 64bit and has all the latest updates. My updatedriver program tells me I have all the latest drivers. Are you able to help?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
ScanGear won't run under Vista. The scanner works with other programs. (Twain works) ScanGear fails and Vista closes it.
Posted on Jan 26, 2008
SOURCE: Canon mp610 scanning problem
The readme says that some USB hubs have an issue.
I was having problems and was connected via a hub. I removed the hub and connected the printer directly to the back of the PC and voila scanning is all good.
Posted on Apr 23, 2008
Canon ScanGear CS driver error Code: 2,252,0. Error when trying to Preview scan using ScanGear in your program, e.g. Word, PhotoShop...
I had the same problem, Canon Technical were clueless on this error code. Yes the problem occured when trying to preview first however I could scan but without any preview, pointless really.
I have fixed it for Windows Xp SP3, Canon Lide 80. To Fix:
You need to download the latest ScanGear driver and Deldrv.exe from the canon website. You don't need the Toolbox, http://software.canon-europe.com/
It would help if you have Tuneup 2009 (even Trail version) for the later parts of this fix: http://www.tune-up.com/download/ just click download, you don't need to give them your email address.
1. Save these on C:
2. Remove the USB cable from your scanner - make sure it is unplugged.
3. Run Deldrv.exe, select your scanner and uninstall.
4. Now you will need to go into 'C:/WINDOWS/TWAIN_32' folder; you must remove anything in this folder - safest thing to do is CUT any items and paste them on the C: or personal folder.
5. Now the register parts - you need to purge your registry of any left over values. I found out after several attempts that this final step fixed the problem for me.
Basically through Windows XP Regedit or TuneUp Reg Editor search the ENTIRE registry for first 'ScanGear', second, 'Canon' and third if you have installed previously, 'Canon Toolbox'. Find any entries relating to any Canon scanner software and delete them. I only found around 6 or 7 entries to remove.
6. If you have TuneUp run '1-Click maintence' (correct problems) and afterwards run the 'Register defragger'. Restart.
7. On the next bootup your register should be optimised. Ok, disable any Anti-virus software.
8. Run the scangear setup winzip file you saved on C:. * it will extract a folder to C:. If get an error with the extraction, try running it anywhere else except C drive. Alternatively if you have WinRar, right click and manual extract contents. The scangear setup winzip file/folder (called lide80vst7250a_xpen) only contained a readme and setupSG.exe.
9. You must run the setupSG inside this folder. And you're done. Enable your anti-virus.
9. Now connect USB to scanner, Windows should pick it up. Open Word or PhotoShop > run the scangear program to preview.
10. Done! It worked my end.
Please let me know if this helped you.
Posted on Apr 27, 2009
Had the same problem with my Canon IR2018i... After spending about all day stuffing around and ready to give up... I read in the Color Network Scangear User Manual that
"Only scanners on the same subnet (network with the same network ID) as your computer are displayed in the list"
So I went the the TCP/IP settings on my copier and changed my subnet mask from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.255.255 and magically my scanner appeared....
Give it a go...
Posted on Sep 01, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 14, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 24, 2009 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 14, 2009 | Canon imageRUNNER 5000 Copier
Jun 24, 2009 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 01, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 14, 2009 | Canon CanoScan LiDE 70 Flatbed Scanner
Mar 09, 2009 | Canon imageRUNNER 5000 Copier
Oct 22, 2007 | Canon (6981A002AA) for imagerunner 2200,...
Oct 05, 2015 | Canon MP640 All-In-One InkJet Printer
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: