Question about Washing Machines
Hotpoint aquarius washing machine DWL 5290 P door wont open
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
First thing to check is mains filter. have replaced lots on this model!! This is located where the cable comes into the machine.Usually obvious visually if burnt.
Posted on Nov 11, 2008
Ok - I will answer my own problem seeing as though I have now fitted it!
1. remove door (2 screws)
2. There is a tensioned wire loop holding the front part of the boot seal in position. - prize off the plastic cap at the 11 o'clock position, all will become clear and you will be able to remove the wire loop.
3. Remove top of washing machine (2 allen screws behind caps at the front.
4. Remove soap dispenser draw and any screws holding the front control panel and top of the door.
5. Remove bottom front plinth (just pull it off) underneath are a couple of screws holding the front panel part of the machine, remove these.
6. Remove front of machine giving you access to the steel band which locks the other end of the boot seal in position. Slacken this band right back using a nut-spinner screwdriver. Pull off the old boot and clean the lip ready for fitting of the new boot.
7. Fit new boot seal using a squirt of washing up liquid as lubricant if needed (mine didn't) to reseat the seal.
8. Refit and tension steel band.
9. Re-assemble front panel, ease boot back into front lip position then refit wire loop using a suitable pair of pliers/molegrips to crimp the retaining plastic cap back in situ.
Posted on Nov 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 10, 2016 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD640 Front Load...
Apr 07, 2014 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD63 Front Load...
Jun 17, 2012 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD640 Front Load...
Apr 07, 2010 | Hotpoint Aquarius WF000 Front Load Washer
Jan 22, 2009 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD63 Front Load...
Dec 29, 2008 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD63 Front Load...
28 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!