Question about Humidifiers
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: No water vapor coming out
You might need to check either the water level sensor or make sure that there aren't any deposits on the nebulizer. I just posted the following sections from the manual for another problem:
According to the Crane's Troubleshooting section:
The power light is green but there is no mist being emitted:
- Check that there is water in the tank.
- Check for possible lime deposits on the water level sensor or the nebulizer.
- Make sure that nothing blocks the vapor output slots.
- Check that the fan vent on bottom of humidifier is not blocked.
- Empty the humidifier and rinse the water basin with cool tap water and allow to dry for 15 to 30 min.
Humidifier power light is staying red and not turning green. Or, Humidifier is working then stops:
- Ensure that water level sensor is assembled properly. (I scanned a page from the manual that shows how to dismantle and reassemble the sensor: here)
- Clean water float.
- Call service center and request replacement water float.
Barring that, here is the service center contact info:
Dart Warehouse Corporation
Tel: 1-888-599-0952 (Business hours Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 4:00 pm Ct)
1835 Ferry Road
Naperville, Illinois 60563
Posted on Feb 12, 2008
Located My Manual:
Hope this helps!
1. Remove tank from base. Turn upside down and unscrew filling cap. Fill tank with clean, cool, distilled, or tap water. Water temp should NEVER be too hot or too cold. Return tank to base and let sit for a few minutes. Be sure the filling cap of the tank is tightened firmly.
2. Plug power cord into a 110-120V AC wall outlet only. Turn power switch to "on" position. Power light will illuminate. Turn mist nozzle until desired level is being released. Aim nozzle away from furniture and walls.
3. Always turn humidifier off when water runs* out. Unit will continue to operate when tank is empty.
*Humidifier will run up to 12 hrs on low; 6 hrs on high.
DO NOT LET WATER SIT IN TANK FOR LONG. THIS CAN ENCOURAGE BACTERIAL GROWTH.
Place unit on level surface away from direct sunlight.
DO NOT ADD MEDICATION OF ANY TYPE INTO THE NOZZLE, BASE, OR WATER TANK.
ALWAYS LEAVE ROOM DOOR PARTLY OPEN. DO NOT MOVE, TILT, OR EMPTY WHILE OPERATING.
Mild bleach and water solution for cleaning, never detergent.
Clean every 3rd day during use. Clean after long storage
Humidity varies from room to room. Aim for 30 - 50% relative humidity. If windows/ walls fog or frost, reduce mist intensity. If room too humid, ventilate by opening door or window; adjust mist intensity.
Posted on Jan 23, 2009
We just got a new furnace with humidifier, so they took out our old Kenmore humidifier.
We now have 4 of these parts...........valve button for float #28110101.
Posted on Apr 30, 2009
here is the manual for you unit. if you have any moe questions please let me know
Posted on Aug 21, 2009
I have the same problem and I have 2 of them fairly new. I can't seem to find out what the problem is either.
Posted on Dec 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 15, 2016 | Humidifiers
Jan 06, 2016 | Air Innovations Clean Mist Ultrasonic...
Jan 03, 2016 | Humidifiers
Feb 24, 2015 | Homedics Cool Mist Humidfier - Uhe-oc1 -
Mar 24, 2012 | Sunbeam Ultrasonic Humidifier
Fill Water Tank.
Turn off humidifier and unplug the power cord from A/C outlet. Remove tank from
base. Turn upside down and unscrew filling cap. Fill tank with clean, cool, distilled,
filtered, or tap water. Do not attempt to fill unit through Vapor Nozzle. Water temperature
should NEVER be too hot or too cold. Extreme temperatures can damage the
unit. Tighten filling cap firmly. Return tank to base and let it sit for a few minutes. For
first time use or when replacing the demineralization cartridge filter, please soak the
filter in warm water for several minutes.
Dec 24, 2010 | Venta Airwasher VS 207 3.7 Gallon...
Sep 22, 2008 | Sunbeam Ultrasonic Humidifier
Jan 28, 2008 | Crane Cow Humidifier
Jan 19, 2008 | Crane Pig Humidifier
76 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!