Question about LG Microwave Ovens
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: not cooking
HI. Your symptoms are a strong indication Magnetron failure. This is the principal heating device, that is used to produce microwaves that , essentially, excite the water molecules in the food, thus, producing the heating effect. When this device fails, generally, the unit will run, but not heat. This device is very fragile, and can injure you if you are not qualified to handle this type of component. There is a High Voltage Capacitor, that is used to help provide the necessary current for optimal Magnetron operation. This capacitor must be discharged correctly. If not, you could risk serious injury, during the repair, if it is accidental touched.
The Magnetron is linked to a cut-off fuse. If the magnetron becomes unstable, this fuse will shut the device down. It is standard procedure to have this fuse test for continuity. If the fuse has blown, this will be the culprit. Replace the fuse. Now, if the fuse continues to show continuity, this will confirm that the Magnetron has failed. I would advise to inspect the Capacitor, and HV diode for visible burn marks, or swollen top(Cap).
Access can be ac hived to these parts by removing the outside cabinet screws. Once the screws are removed, the cover can be removed, as well. Once the cover is removed, the internal components will be exposed for testing, and visual inspections.
WARNING: IF YOU ARE NOT A QUALIFIED SERVICE TECH, THIS WILL NOT BE A NOVICE DO IT YOURSELF JOB. MICROWAVES ARE VERY DANGEROUS, AND CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY. I RECOMMEND TO CALL FOR SERVICE, IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH HANDLING THE CAPACITOR, OR MAGNETRON.
Posted on Jan 07, 2010
the magnatron is burnt out they are very expensive to replqace thus i would suggest bying a new microwave
Posted on Apr 21, 2010
Testimonial: "thanks for the quick reply, ya even i think so that the problem, but i had no idea how expensive a magnatron is and where to buy it. do you know?"
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 12, 2015 | LG Microwave Ovens
Mar 07, 2011 | LG LRM2060ST Microwave Oven
If you were to log on to the
manufacturer's web site, I think you will be pleasantly surprised as
usually one is able to download, by model number, Customer
Instruction Manuals, list
of Dealers and Driver
Just Google the manufacturer's name and
follow the links. Make certain you are directed to the manufacturer's
web site as some search engines direct you to other sites and they
charge for the information that is normally free of charge.
I hope this helps.
Nov 06, 2010 | LG LMVM1935 Convection/Microwave Oven
Aug 25, 2010 | LG Microwave Ovens
Hi, Microwave Oven Troubleshooting Tips
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....
Microwave Oven Troubleshooting Tips
Jul 27, 2010 | LG LRM1230W Microwave Oven
Jan 07, 2010 | LG Microwave Ovens
Mar 12, 2009 | LG LMV2083SW Microwave Oven
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!