Question about Microwave Ovens
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If you want to fix it yourself you'll need some understanding about what you're going to do.
If absolutely everything is working and food stays cold, there's only one problem MAGNETHRON. You'll need to dissassemble the microvave itself, remove the magnethron an to replace it with the same type.
Be advised Tthat this might be expensive. In some cases magnethron costs more than new microwave oven (in Europe).
Posted on Jun 22, 2009
The Arcing is a real bad sign, and you see the "Brain" has detected a fault condition, most likely the Power Supply and or magnetron, or High Power Diode, has "Faulted" and it shuts down for Safety reasons. Due to the danger existing inside MW, I recommend that you have it serviced by a qualified person. Always get a firm "Quote" before proceeding with any work. Be careful, as often a repair may cost as much as a new one.
Posted on Mar 13, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks for the insight. We will definitely look into the items listed and have it looked at by a qualified repair tech."
The electrical burning smell will be the Hi-Voltagetransformer inside the microwave. Along with the transformer you will also needto replace the capacitor. It couldbe a leaking high voltage cable (electric arching) bad insulator, if it's moreof an electronic component burning smell, it could be an overheating component,in both cases you should have it checked by a professional technician.Hope this will help you. Good Luck.
Posted on Sep 06, 2011
That is not good, the magnetron has gone, or the thermal fuse has failed, "protects the magnetron from overheating" There is a possibility the keypad control board was a affected.
Posted on Apr 08, 2012
You need to replace the diode. Scratch that. The voltage let alone the radiation could kill you. Call a technician. If it is a table top unit, buy a new one. It will be cheaper,
Posted on Aug 28, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 03, 2017 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 10, 2015 | GE Microwave Ovens
Aug 27, 2012 | Misc - MFG Microwave Ovens
Apr 16, 2012 | Jenn-Air JMC8127DD Microwave Oven
Sep 23, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Jun 21, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Dec 01, 2008 | Sharp Microwave Ovens
Sep 13, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
Jun 03, 2008 | Sharp R-242 Microwave Oven
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!