I need a solution to my problem, can u help me please?
1) Always post the brand and hopefully the model number in a hardware query.
2) I suspect you have changed the "source" and are not looking at a Digital TV signal. By source, I am referring to AV, Digital,
Component, etc.. The TV would not be responding to the Remote possibly because you have set the remote to not work with a TV but with the video player. Press "TV" on the remote while pointing it at the TV, then try to change the channel.
3) The "Making Life Easy" has to be connected with a brand of either the TV or the DVD player (or accessory device). If it is the logo of the player, you simply do not have the TV set up to receive a digital TV signal but rather the signal from the player.
I do not know if this is because you have cabled the two together wrongly or done what I refer to in my second point above. If it is because the cables are in the wrong sockets, your setup manual may help (or just give you a headache.)
4) At some point, I might have tried to see if just running the outside TV cable to the TV, not through a DVD player or device, would make a difference IF I disconnected all the cables to the DVD player first. That might eliminate the TV as the source of the problem.
5) the Good news is that this sounds likely either a wrong setting or misplaced cables, both which are fixable.
6) IF you do not have the setup or user manuals, you can go to the brand site on the web and search for using the model number and the site may have manuals which can be downloaded. If not, the manuals may be googled for using the brand name and model number and "user manual" in a single search. The brand site may even have some additional support service.
Aug 10, 2015 |
Televison & Video