An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: need online instruction manual for hankscraft...
I found this. There are no manuals available on line.
Here we have a used working HANKSCRAFT / GERBER COOL VAPOR HUMIDIFIER Model 240 WITH INSTRUCTION MANUAL and STEAMED CLEANED. This humidifier, by Gerber, has a 1 3/5 Gallon Capacity, and produces cool vapor for up to 18 - 20 hours in low, medium or high settings. The humidifier works great , does not have the directional nozzle included but does come with a copy of the instructions.
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Its probably just from the minerals in your water. If so you should be fine although it does make a bit of a mess around the house. If the white dust bothers you, fill your Hankscraft 240 with distillers water rather than tap water and the problem will go away.
Not sure why you would want to. Vinegar is typically used to remove calcium scale that remains after a heating element or electrodes boil off water. The Hankscraft 240 doesn't boil the water off. All the minerals in the water go out the spout with the mist.
Here's a link to the manual for your Aprilaire model 560 humidifier you can download and print for free.
According to Aprilaire, it is normal for there to be excess water going into the drain pan. However, the drain pan should have a drain line connected to it so the contaminents from the humidifier can be flushed down a drain and away from the unit. (see page 2 Principle of Operation).
They further state that the water valve should only be either fully on or fully shut off and do not attempt to regulate water flow with the inlet supply valve.
FILLING THE WATER TANKS
1. Before filling the water tanks, push the POWER switch to the “OFF” position and
unplug unit. Refer to cleaning instructions.
2. Remove water tanks from base, turn each tank upside down and remove tank cap
by turning counterclockwise. Fill tank with clean cold tap water.
Replace the tank cap by turning clockwise. Tighten firmly.
3. Carefully pick up tank, since it will be heavy when full, and slippery if wet.
4. Place water tanks on base. Make sure tanks are properly placed, otherwise, the
humidifier will not work correctly.
1. Remove tank from base. Turn upside down and unscrew filling cap. Fill tank with clean, cool, distilled, or tap water. Water temp should NEVER be too hot or too cold. Return tank to base and let sit for a few minutes. Be sure the filling cap of the tank is tightened firmly.
2. Plug power cord into a 110-120V AC wall outlet only. Turn power switch to "on" position. Power light will illuminate. Turn mist nozzle until desired level is being released. Aim nozzle away from furniture and walls.
3. Always turn humidifier off when water runs* out. Unit will continue to operate when tank is empty. *Humidifier will run up to 12 hrs on low; 6 hrs on high.
DO NOT LET WATER SIT IN TANK FOR LONG. THIS CAN ENCOURAGE BACTERIAL GROWTH.
Place unit on level surface away from direct sunlight.
DO NOT ADD MEDICATION OF ANY TYPE INTO THE NOZZLE, BASE, OR WATER TANK.
ALWAYS LEAVE ROOM DOOR PARTLY OPEN. DO NOT MOVE, TILT, OR EMPTY WHILE OPERATING.
Mild bleach and water solution for cleaning, never detergent.
Clean every 3rd day during use. Clean after long storage
Humidity varies from room to room. Aim for 30 - 50% relative humidity. If windows/ walls fog or frost, reduce mist intensity. If room too humid, ventilate by opening door or window; adjust mist intensity.
On the Vicks v-3100 the water tank should lift off of the unit. Flip it over and there is a lid. Open the lid and fill the tank. Once you've filled it back up, put the lid back on. Flip the tank over to make sure there are no leaks, then put it back on the humidifier.
Note: It's very important to check to make sure the tank isn't leaking before you put it back on the humidifier, if it is, it will flood the reservoir, in turn causing water to leak out of the bottom of the humidifier (which is one of the major complaints about the 3100).