Question about In Microwave Ovens
Remove all the power.
Sop up the mess with a coffee colored towel
(or one you don't mind being coffee colored).
It is doubtful that there are critical electronics in the bottom but it would be best to not turn the unit or tilt it toward the CONTROL SIDE until you have toweled up all the wetness.
If you can remove the unit...
without running it into the unit below
Gently tilt it forward.. and drain the excess away from the ELECTRONICS pictured immediately below...
Leave the power OFF until the unit has had AMPLE TIME TO EVAPORATE... OPEN
If it was just black coffee you are good to go
If it was cream & sugar your are looking at a bit closer survey
of potential cleaning... REMEMBER ALL power OFF until
all the moisture is gone
Comment me back ... if you need further assistance
Posted on Dec 03, 2016
Take a lemon and slice it. Put it in a ceramic bowl of water. Set the timer for 10 minutes. Leave for an hour and then wipe the inside with a clean cloth. It will get ride of the smell, if that was your question? It the cup has stuck to the turntable, set microwave for 1 minutes and scrape the cup off with a paint scraper.
Posted on Dec 02, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Sounds like some metal is involved somehow. If the unit otherwise works, replace the damaged parts. Test with a cup filled with water.
Posted on Dec 19, 2007
The noise is coming from the high-voltage transformer being overloaded
by something shorting it out. Either the magnatron or the
high-voltage capacitor and diode. Replace the capacitor and
diode then if still not working, replace the magnatron. Its only
affordable if you do it yourself - buy the part on EBAY - lookup
Hope ya fix it!
Posted on Jan 06, 2008
SOURCE: burn at bottom of microwave
First try cleaning the burned mark off. Dip a scrubber in lemon juice and sprinkle salt on it; this is also great for burned coffee pots. The smell can be gotten rid of this way: Boil lemon peel in water, then put the water in a spray bottle. Not only will it make your microwave smell fresh but the lemon oil will make it easier to clean. If it still smells of burning rubber, take the back off and inspect the wiring. IF you see burned wiring, please do yourself a favor and replace the microwave!
Microwaves work by making the molecules in food get "excited"-they move more-meaning, if there IS rubber burning, then there will be minute molecules of rubber in your food, which is BAD for your immune system. If it's just burned chocolate, though, it is harmless unless you are allergic.
Posted on Aug 19, 2008
SOURCE: Burning smell and won't heat.
If it buzzes real loud it's probably the high volyage diode. However some times if it smells it's the transformer. Usually the diode is a cheap fix ~$10.00 but this model the diode is $50. It's number 50 on the link below. Let me know how it works out or you need anything else.
Posted on Apr 19, 2009
SOURCE: MICROWAVE IS NOT HEATING
HI, the actual device that produces the heat is damaged or faulty. this device is called the Magnetron. you will need to replace this part in order to restore the heating ability of this microwave oven.
Please rate and have a great day:)
Posted on May 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 31, 2012 | Jenn-Air Microwave Ovens
Mar 27, 2012 | Frigidaire Microwave Ovens
Jan 30, 2011 | Jenn-Air JMC8130DDS Microwave Oven
Jan 30, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Dec 18, 2009 | Jenn-Air M439 Microwave Oven
Sep 14, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 07, 2009 | Panasonic NN-H504WF Microwave Oven
Apr 17, 2009 | Kenmore Brew 'n Wave 63992/63999 Microwave...
Apr 11, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Nov 28, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: