Question about Maytag Washing Machines
Softener runs out of tray when it is closed prior to starting the machine . I cleaned the tray & it worked a few times, but issue is back again today.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
There is a 1/4" machine screw in a recessed hole close to the bottom of the agitator. Remove screw. Lift agitator off agitate shaft.
Posted on Nov 28, 2007
This is a result of the siphoning action and is part of the normal operation of the washer. Water
may be removed by removing the dispenser drawer and draining
water into the empty drum or sink.
• When washing is completed, wipe top and sides of washer with a damp cloth. Turn water
faucets off to prevent pressure build-up in the hoses.
• As needed, clean the cabinet with mild soap and water. Never use harsh, gritty or
abrasive cleansers. If door or console becomes stained, clean with diluted chlorine bleach
[1/2 cup (120 ml) in 1 quart (.95 L) water]. Rinse several times with clear water.
• Remove glue residue from tape or labels with a mixture of warm water and mild detergent.
Or, touch residue with the sticky side of the tape or label.
• Before moving the washer, place a strip of cardboard or thin fiberboard under the front
leveling legs to prevent floor damage.
Cleaning the Dispenser Drawer Area
Detergent and fabric softener may build up in the dispenser drawer. Residue should be removed
once or twice a month.
• Remove the drawer by pulling the drawer out until it stops. (Figure 1)
• Reach back into the left rear corner of the drawer cavity and press down firmly on the lock
tab (left rear portion of the drawer). Pull out the drawer. (Figure 2)
• Remove the insert from the bleach and fabric softener compartments. (Figure 3)
• Rinse the drawer and inserts with hot tap water to remove traces of accumulated powders
and liquids. Large amounts of fabric softener residue may indicate improper dilution or
more frequent cleaning is required.
• To clean the drawer opening, use a small brush to clean the recess. Remove all residue
from the upper and lower parts of the recess. (Figure 4)
• Replace the insert pressing the "X" to lock it in place. Return the dispenser drawer.
• Remove items from the washer as soon as the cycle ends. Excess wrinkling, color transfer,
and odors may develop in items left in the washer.
• Before cleaning the washer interior, unplug the electrical power cord to avoid electrical
• Dry around the washer door opening, flexible gasket, and door glass. These areas should
always be clean to ensure a water tight seal.
• When extremely soiled items have been washed, a dirty residue may remain on the drum.
Remove this by wiping the drum with a nonabrasive household cleanser. Rinse thoroughly
• Periodically, wipe dry the bottom of the flexible gasket to remove lint and other debris.
• The plastic drum vanes may become stained from fabric dye. Clean these parts with a
nonabrasive household cleanser. This prevents dye transfer to future loads.
try this out for more ref check the operations mannual page 7
Posted on Dec 07, 2007
Not sure if you already did this, but try pulling the face plates off inside the dispencer and take it to the sink and run very hot water into the "stand pipe" that projects off the back of the face plate to make sure they are clear and no old crusty products are in the hole.. Then put them back in and push down hard and make sure they are fully seated.
If the plates are loose and not seated or clogged, there will be little or no siphon effect to draw the fluids out of the dispenser. At least thats how it seems to work
Also, if you pull the top off the washer, there is an adjustment on top of the dispenser to adjust the dispensing ratios I believe.
I just did that procedure the other day on my machine and the wife said it works good now.
Let me know it it works for you, I was wondering if it was just a coincidence.
Posted on Jan 16, 2009
Kenmore 110 front load washer wil not dispense fabric softner. Code 21. Have already checked pump and filter obstructions
Posted on Apr 18, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 11, 2016 | Maytag MVWB850YW Bravos XL HE White Top...
Jun 19, 2015 | Maytag Washing Machines
Nov 23, 2012 | Maytag Bravos MVWB400V Washer
Aug 21, 2017 | LG WM-2277HW Front Load Washer
Dec 09, 2009 | GE WSXH208A Front Load Washer
May 21, 2009 | Maytag MAH8700AWM Neptune Front Load...
May 17, 2009 | Maytag Neptune MAH6700A Front Load Washer
Jan 18, 2009 | Frigidaire GLTF2940ES Front Load Washer
Oct 10, 2008 | Washing Machines
Jan 27, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
48 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!