Question about Bissell Vacuums
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The pump may spin but the vanes inside could be broken or worn enough that they are unable to push water through the pump system. I am repairing a Bissell Model 8920 Pro-Heat 2X that has this very same problem.
I tested all the hoses to verify that they were not plugged. I then hooked the water and cleaner tub from the rear directly to the pump and held it above the pump assembly and water barely went through it with gravity feed and the pump was visibly spinning. The pump assembly can be acquired from AE Carters for $10.00.
I do not give any guarantee that this is the only problem.
Posted on May 27, 2009
its probably a solenoid that controls the flow to the floor, take it to a bissell repair center, because its not an easy fix.
Posted on Jul 06, 2009
Try checking the top section of the machine (where the dial is located to switch it from floor to tool) and there is a little red plastic piece about 1 inch square on the inside of it. This is a lint filter that has a little door on it. Open the door or remove the entire thing to clean it out. It is probably completely blocked with hair, etc.. which is why you have no suction. Replace it after you clean it out and hopefully your problem will be solved!
Posted on Sep 18, 2009
That means that you need to replace the pump belt. Here is the belt you
need and a manual you can view:
Bissell 7901 Belt and Manual
Posted on Mar 02, 2010
Testimonial: "just what I was looking for thank you"
First check the motor duct gasket. The motor duct gasket is visible once the tank is removed. It is located underneath the handle on the top of the base of the machine. It has a black rubber coating around it. If there is no suction there please let us know. If your machine does have suction at the duct, continue to check the following:
- Ensure the Ready Tools Dial is set to the appropriate setting (Floor Cleaning or Hose Attachments).
- Remove the tank from the machine and ensure the tank lid is attached properly. The front window must first hook onto the lip of the bottom of the tank and then drape over the tank. Latch the bottom tank to the top tank lid. THIS LID CANNOT BE ATTACHED PROPERLY IF THE TANK IS NOT REMOVED FROM THE MACHINE.
- Make sure the Water Tank is not full on the outside of the bladder. If it is, empty the tank.
- Ensure the hose is firmly attached to the back of the machine. If not, re-insert as necessary by twisting into place.
- The machine must be in an upright, locked position and set to the Hose Attachment setting. If the handle is slightly tilted back while using, it will create a small gap at the suction inlet (where handle meets gasket, above the Bottom Tank) which will cause little or no suction.
- Check the red Tank Lint Screen for debris. If the Lint Screen is dirty, the unit will have poor suction. Clean the Lint Screen if necessary.
- If the float flap door in the tank lid is activating prematurely when you turn the machine on, this flap door should be replaced. This tank may need to be emptied.
- Check the Tank Lid and Tank for damage.
Posted on Aug 13, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 28, 2016 | Bissell Vacuums
Jun 12, 2010 | Bissell 9200 Upright Vacuum
Mar 01, 2010 | Bissell 7901-1 ProHeat Scotchgard Upright...
Nov 15, 2009 | Bissell ProHeat Turbo Deep Cleaner Upright...
Sep 28, 2009 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Sep 15, 2009 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Jul 02, 2009 | Bissell 1697-7 Powersteamer Pro Deluxe...
Aug 04, 2008 | Bissell 7901-1 ProHeat Scotchgard Upright...
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!