Question about Dishwashers
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: dihwasher not working
I had a hotpoint engineer try to fix this type of problem.
He insisted that there was something stuck in the bottom of the pump.
Sure enough there was.
1. Unplug your dishwaser at the wall.
2. Remove the grill under the bottom rack.
3. Ensure that the filter is free from food and other obstacles and clean the filter.
4. Before replacing filter etc, get a piece of metal coat hanger wire and care fully insert it down the channel under the filter to free any lodged items. You may also see a small white impleller try to turn this with your finger or the coat hanger wire (this is the info from the engineer!).
5. replace filter and retry a wash.
This routine fixed or machine twice and will hopefully fix yours!
Don't forget to rate me!
The third time about 1 year later this occured again and even hotpoint gave up as they could not fix the machine. (after multiple visits). I think that the two flashing lights are were a red herring and the dishwasher had a separate intermitten fault. Hotpoint replaced the unit for a mimum charge. Callout + 40
Posted on Feb 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 29, 2016 | Zanussi Dishwashers
Dec 27, 2015 | Miele Dishwashers
May 27, 2010 | Dishwashers
Nov 22, 2009 | Dishwashers
Aug 12, 2009 | Whirlpool 24 in. DU1100XTP Built-in...
Feb 27, 2008 | Hotpoint 24 in. FDW60 Free-standing...
Feb 27, 2008 | Dishwashers
Jan 05, 2008 | Miele 24 in. Novotronic G641 Plus Built-In...
Aug 18, 2017 | Dishwashers
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!