Question about Kenmore 79383 Dual Fuel (Electric and Gas) Kitchen Range
I used my self cleaning option today for the first time on model #7903668*. All was fine until about halfway through it stopped and started beeping. The message on the digital screen is now reading F90. I have to keep the door open now because it still continues to beep even after I press the stop button. I would really appreciate some help here. The instruction manuel says nothing worth while. THANKYOU!!!!!
F90 Maximum oven door unlock time exceeded.
F91 Maximum oven door unlock attempts exceeded.
F92 Maximum oven door open time exceeded.
F93 Maximum oven door lock time exceeded.
F94 Maximum oven door lock attempts exceeded.
1. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Check the wiring between EOC & Lock Motor Micro Switch.
2. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Replace the Motor Door Latch assembly if necessary.
3. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Check for binding of the Latch Cam, Lock Motor Rod & Lock Motor Cam.
4. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Check to see if Lock Motor Coil is open. If open, replace Lock Motor Assembly.
5. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Lock Motor continuously runs - if Micro Switch is open, replace Lock Motor Assembly.
6. (F92, 93 & 94) Check oven door Light Switch - if open, replace Switch.
7. If all situations above do not solve problem, replace EOC.
F90 is a door lock code, Try this...
unplug the range.
wait 1 minute.
turn the range back on,
then while holding in on the oven door.
start another self clean.
wait 2 minutes.
then cancel the self clean.
do not release the door until the door lock light goes out.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question
Posted on Sep 26, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2012 | Kenmore Kitchen Ranges
Aug 24, 2011 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
Sep 08, 2010 | Kenmore 78812 / 78814 / 78819 Gas Kitchen...
Sep 06, 2010 | Kenmore 75022 / 75024 / 75029 Gas Kitchen...
Sep 05, 2010 | Kenmore 79012 / 79014 / 79019 Gas Kitchen...
Apr 20, 2010 | Kenmore 79012 / 79014 / 79019 Gas Kitchen...
Nov 10, 2009 | Kenmore 79012 / 79014 / 79019 Gas Kitchen...
Jul 28, 2009 | Kenmore 79012 / 79014 / 79019 Gas Kitchen...
Dec 30, 2008 | Kenmore 79383 Dual Fuel (Electric and Gas)...
Dec 27, 2008 | Kenmore 75503 Stainless Steel Dual Fuel...
529 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: