An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: I am trying to set 2 remotes and a key pad...One at a...
This is generally caused by one remote reverting to an earlier technology. They will each work individually when programmed but will not work with one another. One of them should work with the keypad. Find out which one does and replace the other. Make sure you purchase the identical model number.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I would have to guess, that is probably not the correct remote. I feel I must inform you, trying to upgrade your firmware, from an unsavory hacker, can turn your unit into a brick(doorstop). IMO, proceed with caution.
These remotes don't loose the programming code when a battery goes dead, most likely the remote or the board on the opener went bad, do any other remotes work? You can take the remote to an auto parts store and test it there. (They have a tester for key fobs)
OWNERS MANUAL FOR ALL CHAMBERLAIN MODELS ARE AVAILABLE (FREE PDF) AT CHAMERLAIN.COM
CHECK TO SEE IF THE LED IN THE WALL BUTTON IS BLINKING - IF IT IS PRESS THE LOCK BUTTON AND IT WILL STOP THEN TRY TO PROGRAM YOUR REMOTES.
IF IT IS NOT BLINKING TRY UNPLUGGING THE UNIT FOR ABOUT 5 MINUTES - PLUG IT BACK IN AND TRY TO PROGRAM THE REMOTES
The old remote can be programmed again but you need to take the remotes to be programmed together. They must be programmed at the same time and I believe you can program up to 4 remotes per vehicle. I think the venture requires a scan tool for reprogramming. Try this first-
1. Sit in the drivers seat and put the key in the ignition in the off position.
2. With your left hand hold down the unlock button on the door panel and turn the key to the on (not the run position) then off, then on and off.
3. If the horn honks, take one remote and hold down the lock and unlock buttons until the doors lock and unlock, then do the same for the second remote.
4. Now, turn the key to the on position, then off position and the horn should sound again. Try unlocking/locking the car with each remote.
**step 2 may require the key to be turned on then off 3 times instead of 2 before the horn honks. This my not work but if it fails it will not change any of the current settings but you will need to have the dealer program the remotes together.
1.Remove key from ignition. 2.Close all doors. 3.Open driver side door and leave open. 4.Insert key in ignition, Turn key to ON (as far as you can go without starting the engine) and OFF, Remove Key. 5.Repeat step 4 two more times, making sure you remove key each time. 6. Close and then open the driver’s door three times. 7.Buzz sound or chime should be heard at this point signaling that the vehicle is now in programming mode. If not, wait 40 seconds and return to step 1. 8.All transmitters need to be programmed at this time, including the old ones. Push any button on a transmitter two times. A buzz sound to chime should be heard at this point signaling that the vehicle has accepted the new transmitter code. Repeat for next transmitter, up to a total of three remotes (including any old remotes). 9.After all remotes are programmed, wait 15 seconds or until you hear four chimes signaling successful programming.
i think what is happening is the code in your open has a list of different codes it cycles through to keep someone from "capturing" it and opening the door when you gone.Try having someone help you and program the three units at the same time.
This is the procedure for a reprogram of the remote's from the factory service manual, if it doesn't work then u may have a receiver issue. Use this Procedure for Vehicles with Driver Information Center Buttons
This information is in your Owners Manual in the Drivers Information Center Section.
1. Insert Key and turn to ON position so you can access Driver Information Center
2. Press the vehicle information button until PRESS TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays 3. Press the set/reset button until REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVEdisplays 4. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first keyless remote at the same time for approximatley 15 seconds. A chime will sound indicating that the remote is programmed.
5.To program additional remotes at this time repeat step 3. This vehicle can have a maximum of eight remotes programmed. 6.To exit programming mode turn key off and remove key. Test remote(s).
Use this Procedure for Vehicles without Drivers Information Center Buttons
To access this display, the vehicle must be in Park (P) with key in the on position (as far as you can go without cranking engine)
1. Press the trip odometer reset stem until RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays. 2. Press and hold the trip odometer reset stem for three seconds. The messageREMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVEwill display 3.Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first keyless remote at the same time for approximately 15 seconds. A chime will sound indicating that the remote is programmed. 4.To program additional remotes at this time repeat step 3. This vehicle can have a maximum of eight remotes programmed. 5.To exit programming mode turn key off and remove key. Test remote(s).
BMW 7-Series - Key Remote Programming Three methods to try: Method 1:
1. Working from within the vehicle and with the doors shut
2. Turn ignition to position 1 and back to off within 5 seconds.
3. Remove the key from ignition and press and hold the unlock button for 15 seconds during this time press the key lock button 3 times within 5 seconds.
4. Release both buttons.
5. Doors will lock and unlock to show correct programming has occurred.
To do this procedure you need to have one working key and one key that needs to be programmed.
1) Get in and close all doors.
2) Turn on the ignition and turn off quickly. (No more than 5 seconds) to start the process. Next action must take place within 30 seconds.
3) Remove the 1st key.
4) Hold the key up near your left shoulder (this is so it is closer to the remote receiver antenna.
5) Hold down the unlock button and press the lock button 3 times. Release the unlock button and the doors lock which confirms the operation.
6) Quickly repeat steps 4 & 5 for key #2 etc.
If it does not work, try doing the keys in opposite order. Key 2 then key 1, vs 1 then 2.
Alternate if you do not have a working remote
1. Turn key to position 1 five times very quickly 2. Remove key 3. Hold unlock button then press lock button 3 times, release unlock button.
4. If you have another key do the same button pressing within 30 seconds 5. Turn on ignition to finalise.
PLEASE NOTE: This programming procedure programs the remote control part of the key. Any transponder chip for the immobiliser (starting of car) will not be programmed and must be done by a specialist.
the codes are 051 060 069
1 turn on dvd
2 press and hold s button
3 whilst holding s button press and release power button
4release set button
5 press dvd on controll
6 using key pad key in the 3 digit code
7 press enter button
8 point remote at dvd and try power button
9 if nothing work enter next code
if this still dont solve your problem post back and i will tell you how to do this manually hope this is some help