Question about NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
You probably have the main etherent cord going from the computer and not directly from the modem
Posted on Jul 20, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 07, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jul 12, 2011 | Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router
For local only in Vista computer.
1. Connected a computer to the router using a Ethernet cable.
2. Open up a internet explorer.
3. Click on CTRL & O [The letter O as in oscar]
4. In the Open box that appears the top left corner of the internet explorer type the numbers : 192.168.2.1 & press OK.
5. This will take you to belkin router setup screen.
6. Click on Channnel & SSID under wireless on the left side of this screen.
7. Once it prompts to type the password just leave the password box blank & press submit.
8. Change only the SSID to different name to what ever you wish like in last name & press apply changes. [do not change any thing else in this screen]
9. Click on Security under wireless in the left hand side.
10. Change the security mode to 64bit WEP.
11. In Key 1 make up a password for your wireless all numbers. It takes 2 digit numbers in each box & press apply changes.
12. Now try to connect to the wireless network using the new SSID [network name] & the new password that this the security key that you set up in key one.
Dec 27, 2010 | Belkin F5D7234-4 Router
Nov 13, 2010 | NetGear (WPN824) Wireless Router...
- Access the router's web-based setup page.
- Open a web browser such as Internet Explorer.
- Go to the Address bar and enter your router's IP address ("192.168.1.1" is the default IP of most Linksys routers) then press [Enter].
NOTE: If the IP address of the router has been changed, type the router's IP address in the Address bar instead.
- A new window will prompt for a User name and Password. Leave the User name field blank then enter your router's password ("admin" is the default password), then click OK.
- NOTE: If the password of the router has been changed, type the router's new password in the Password field instead.
Step2: When the router's web-based setup page appears, look for MTU and set it to Manual. Enter the MTU value of your Internet connection in the Size field.
1468. The size DHCP or cable providers prefer.
1400. Maximum size for DSL.
Step3: Save settings.
If you run into Intermittent Wireless Connections Using a Router:
Check if your wireless computers have stable connection when connected to other wireless networks. Regular wireless disconnection can be caused by different factors such as: > Wireless interference within the network. > Wireless settings of the Linksys router are still set to default. > Firmware is corrupted.
NOTE: If the procedure does not work, needs to update the router
Check if your wireless computers have stable connection when connected to other wireless networks.
Regular wireless disconnection can be caused by different factors such as:
> Wireless interference within the network.
> Wireless settings of the Linksys router are still set to default.
> Firmware is corrupted.
Nov 05, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Nov 11, 2017 | D-Link (DVG-2001S) Router (DVG2001S)
Apr 23, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Nov 27, 2009 | D-Link RangeBooster G WBR-2310 Wireless...
May 18, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
131 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!