Question about RCA R52WM24 52" HDTV Projection Television

1 Answer

I am seeing small white dots appear on the screen of my samsung DLP, it started with one last week and now there are 10. What would be the cause of that?

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Expert
  • 261 Answers

It seems that there's a 95% chance you might have an issue with your DMD board, they're not that expensive like $180, discountdashmerchantdotcom, they'll give you a free troubleshoot, the thing is that there's a 5% chance the issue might be you Video Board, so just check it out :) and you'lll be good afterwards

Posted on Jul 21, 2009

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Three small white dots have appeared on the screen. What does it mean, is the lamp going bad?


White dots are caused by the DLP chip failing.This part must be replaced to get rid of the white dots. Samsung is covering the cost to repair this problem on several models. Ypu can call 1-800-samsung to find if your unit is covered.

Oct 06, 2010 | Samsung HLN617W 61" Rear Projection HDTV

1 Answer

Samsung dlp tv. white dots scattered across the screen. never change, always same spots. also appears to have some black dots


your dlp ic is going bad and needs nto be replaced. some of the mirrors are getting stuck they will appear as black dots or white dots. it usually starts as one or two and will continue to get worse over time.

Jan 28, 2010 | Samsung Televison & Video

3 Answers

I have a samsung HLS4266WX/XAA about 3 years old with white dots.


This is a known issue with Samsung DLP sets. Here's a link to the solution:

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-13973_102-0.html?messageID=3162774&tag=emfrnd#3162774

Jan 01, 2010 | Samsung DLP HL-P5663W 56" TV

3 Answers

Own a Samsung DLP TV 42 inch and white dots have


The random whit dots you are seeing is more than not the DMD or million little mirrors board. The white spots represent some of the mirrors that are sticking in the on position. In that case they are always reflecting white light from the lamp. I don't concider the DMD board a do it yourself repair since on the older DLP set it requires mechanical alignment as well. The best thing to do is contact a techincian and see what they might charge to repair the TV for you. Please take a few moments to rate my answer...Thanks..

Nov 15, 2009 | Samsung DLP HL-P4663W 46" Rear Projection...

2 Answers

Had one last week and now there are 6. they are


Hi,

You get white spots inside the samsung DLP tv due to bad Digital Micromiror Device , or bad DMD board .

What is actually the problem is the DMV chip connected to this board . Inside this chip are 3 million tiny mirrors ,and when they physically get stuck , they either show black or white instead of a color
This is well know problem with SAMSUNG DLP...

The DMD chip is failing.If not under warranty expect to pay a few hundred to several hundred to get it fixed

The mirrors on the DLP chip are slowly sticking either fully open (white) or fully closed (black). The part that contains the DLP chip is the Light Engine. It is the most expensive part of the TV.Only the Samsung TVs has this issue.

Replacing the DLP chip and the micro mirror would solve this issue...

Pleaserate this solution,
Rnj VINODKUMAR

Nov 11, 2009 | Samsung DLP HL-P4663W 46" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

White dots on screen


color wheel is failing and this repair cost thousand or more most of the time so i guess it would be better to dispose of or you may get lucky and find one on ebay but make sure you take care in installing

Oct 19, 2009 | Samsung Televison & Video

1 Answer

Small white dots are emerging all over my Samsung DLP TV - 46`


Bad Light Engine,Call UED for price of rebuilt one!
1-800-648-6657 TIP if you have never replaced color wheel,they 9/10 go bad also!

Sep 28, 2009 | Samsung DLP HL-P4663W 46" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

White dots on Samsung 50* Model


Yes, It is problem with DMD module in light engine that will be replaced.
Hope Samsung will help you in replacement. Please update about outcomes.
Thanks.

Sep 09, 2009 | Samsung DLP HL-P4663W 46" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

I have white dots appearing on my samsung dlp.


If the white spots are appearing in different spots or "Moving" it is the DMD board beginning to fail. Samsung DLPs seem to have a lot of DMD board failures. I would expect it to completely fail in the next couple months.

If there are only a couple small white spots that never go away it could be a mirror that is seized on the chip, but it's far more likely that the DMD board is going bad.

Aug 10, 2009 | Samsung DLP HL-P4663W 46" Rear Projection...

2 Answers

I have white dots on the screen of my hsl4266wx/xaa?


If these dots are only seen when the picture is on I would look for the Optical Block to be causing it. Are the dots in the same place each time you turn it on?

Jul 17, 2009 | Samsung HLS4266 TV

Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA R52WM24 52" HDTV Projection Television Logo

163 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74459 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1213 Answers

Computer Repairing
Computer Repairing

Level 3 Expert

14641 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...