Question about Ovens
Error code f90, lock motor continuously runs. How do we fix this? model number is 970-600762
the lock motor will not shut off and all of the ovens features have been suspended.
HI, this is a door lock switch failuer code. you will need to check the door lock mechanism for faults. check the wiring harness for lose fit and corrosion at the contact point. if the wires are in good condition and, the door lock mech is functional, replace the oven control board.
Posted on Jul 19, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 03, 2016 | Kenmore Ovens
Oct 25, 2012 | Ovens
Error Code E90 typically means that you have a faulty motor door latch, lock motor assembly, door light switch or a defective EOC. You would need this to be diagnosed by a professional technician in order to properly repair the wall oven.
Sep 25, 2012 | Frigidaire 30" Built-In Single Electric...
Jun 12, 2012 | Ovens
If lock motor runs:
1. Test continuity of wiring between EOC and lock switch on lock motor assy. Repair if needed.
2. Advance motor until cam depresses the plunger on lock motor switch. Test continuity of switch contacts. If
switch is open replace lock motor assy.
3. If motor runs and switch contacts and wiring harness test good, replace the EOC.
If lock motor does not run:
1. Test continuity of lock motor windings. Replace lock motor assembly if windings are open.
2. Test lock motor operation by using a test cord to apply voltage. If motor does not operate replace lock motor
3. If motor runs with test cord check continuity of wire harness to lock motor terminals. If harness is good replace
Door lock motor or latch
AS YOU SEE THE F93 CODE REFERES TO THE DOOR LATCH MOTOR
Jul 19, 2011 | Kenmore Ovens
Oct 11, 2010 | Frigidaire 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Feb 16, 2010 | Frigidaire 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Jul 07, 2009 | Frigidaire 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
May 22, 2009 | Stoves Ovens
1,047 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!