Question about Audio Players & Recorders
Chances are at some point the settings.dat file on the device has been deleted, either by file operation or by formatting. This file holds basic information about the filesystem, and can sometimes be restored by a factory reset of the device. On others, your player is now at best a usb flash storage drive.
Posted on Jul 19, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 18, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders
Restoring RCA M4304A Recorder Firmware
Symtom: recorder shows OPAL splash screen, then shows "profiling requires20mb of free space, shutting down" and then shuts down. Recorder cannot be accessed by windows or the RCA easyrip software.
Solution: Use the firmware update found here: http://www.voxxsupport.com/images/downloads/OPAL_066F_85A4_85A5_0_1140_SIG.EXE
This update needs to be ran on an xp computer running 32 bitOS. It was tested in a Win 7 64bitmachine and proven to not work.
Necessary steps taken to get the firmware to properlyrestore were as follows:
1. Hold in the power (menu) button for 10 seconds(the splash screen will show and it will give the error message, ignore it)
2. While still holding the power button, press theplay/pause button and hold down.
3. Release the power button while still holdingdown the play/pause button and wait 5 seconds.
4. While still holding the play/pause button plugin the usb cable to the recorder. Continue to hold the play/pause button foranother 5 seconds after plugging the cable in.
5. Release the play pause button then launch theEXE for the firmware update. Minimize the instruction screen so you can see thefull update screen.
6. Leave the format checkbox checked (check it ifit isn't checked) formatting is crucial to this working.
7. Once the status in the update window changesfrom initializing to ready click start to update the recorder. It will go through formatting, then updating.
8. Once the status shows complete disconnect therecorder and with any luck the recorder is usable again. The media files will obviously have to bereloaded, but the recording is functional at least.
Sep 21, 2010 | RCA M4204 MP3 Player
Dec 30, 2008 | Nextar MA933A MP3 Player
Oct 27, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders
Aug 02, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN SLEEK MP3 Player
Jan 02, 2008 | Sony NWZ-B103FBLK MP3 Player
When you get the format error there is a couple of things you can do first try this if it has been reformatted and there isn’t any files on it get the sonic stage installer online somewhere not sure where run that and follow its prompts and when this is finished it should put the correct software onto the player which you can open to see if it is there. Then disconnect the player from your computer and hold down the search button for about half a second when the player is in stop mode rotate the switch at the top of the player till you get “advanced menu” and then press the play button to select it and rotate the switch again till you have “format” and press the play button to select formatting will blink and start formatting when finished complete comes up press the search button to get out of it and back to the main menu and hopefully it will work now!!! It worked for me anyways and couldn’t find a simple answer online so I said id throw this up there!!! Hope it works for yee too!!!
Oct 24, 2007 | Sony NW-E405 MP3 Player
Sep 04, 2007 | Audiophase MDP-1 Personal MiniDisc Player
50 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!