CHANGING THE DRIVE BELT
1. Remove the top cover and the rear panel.
2. T720/780: Remove the external fan housing.
3. Remove the special tool.
4. Remove the belt from the belt pulley and take off the belt.
5. Feed the belt over the drum onto the motor shaft and over the belt pulley.
6. Install the special tool.
7. T720/780: Replace the external fan housing.
8. Replace the rear panel and top cover.
REMOVING THE TOP COVER
1. Remove the three T20 screws at the rear of the top cover. (Keep the two star washers.)
2. Tilt the cover and pull it backwards.
REMOVING THE REAR PANEL
1. Remove the top cover.
2. Unscrew the centering nut until the face of the nut is level with the end of the thread and knock out the bearing.
3. Fit the special tool (part no. 88 011 54) by fitting the tube end into one of the stamped out keyholes in the front rail. Lift the rear edge of the drum and press the drum edge onto the roller.
4. Remove the ground connection (yellow/green wire) from the input terminal block (see pages 8 and 9).
5. Take the cable bundle out of the cable clamp and pull the header block off its terminal pins.
6. Remove the wiring:
T700/T720: R1 a, R1 b, R1 13, R1 14, R1 34 on the contactor.
T760/T780: Ra, Rb, R13, R14, R34 on the contactor and F3 and F4 on the radio interference filter.
7. T720/T780: Remove the hoses to the water tank housing.
8. Remove the centering nut and the eight screws.
NOTE: Do not remove or loosen the screws around the heater housing or drum bearing.
9. T720/T780: Remove the three plastic screws at the lower part of the rear panel.
10. Lift off the rear panel.
REMOVING THE EXTERNAL REAR FAN HOUSING
1. Remove the top cover and rear panel.
2. Unclip the external rear fan housing suction side.
3. Unscrew the 10 mm nut on the external rear fan wheel and remove it.
4. Lift the external rear fan housing motor side and pull it toward you.