Question about Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven
Bulbs underneath burnt out and when turning on microwave it just hums .Changed the bulbs and still get the same results. Everthing else seems to work.
I had the same problem. My Magic Chef, MCO153UBF Microwave had similar problems. The Magnatron, Cooling fan, Turn table and under hood lights were not working at all after hearing a pop sound under the control panel. Thought it was the fuse but the fuse was fine after testing and replacing. I checked the circuit breaker wired to my house and saw it had a break to my kitchen outlets so i flipped the switch to get back the kitchen outlets. Then I checked the microwaves Control Panel ( Printed Circuit Board) underneath and saw to traces were burnt. I soldered the two trace lines and the fixed the problem.
Posted on Feb 17, 2008
We see this a lot. The problem is almost certainly on the control panel, which we regularly repair nationwide for $39.95 postpaid.
This light failure often occurs when a bulb goes out and the filament shorts, or when the bulbs are removed or installed without first unplugging the oven from the power line. Either can cause such a failure on the controller.
This often can affect the exhaust fan operation, too. The lights and fan can be inoperable or stuck on.
If you or a friend decide to look into it, we have critical safety information and disassembly information at our site, linked here on Fixya: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
Posted on Nov 22, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 09, 2012 | Magic Chef Microwave Ovens
Jul 10, 2010 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven
Jun 24, 2010 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven
Dec 06, 2009 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven
Nov 28, 2009 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven
Oct 11, 2008 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven
Jul 22, 2008 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven
Aug 03, 2007 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven
394 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: