Question about Canon PowerShot S5 IS Digital Camera
Unfortunately there is only two solutions for your problem:
1. Gently but firm, press the battery cover lid down and at the same timemove the button to open it, and at the same time, slide to the side the battery cover.
Try it as much as times are needed.
2. If still is stuck, then you will need to disassembly it, or pay at a repair service for it.
If is stuck, and force to open it with a tool (pry tool or similar), you have the risk of break the slide plastic channels in the camera body, or break the battery cover, or break a switch located in the mainboard that senses when the camera door is closed, or everything at the same time, making worst the problem and causing you to spend more on repairing it.
Of course that if it has warranty, I do recommend you to make it valid prior to try in send it to repair.
If is out of warranty, Canon charges $120.00 for any repair (or so), so you will need to find a cheaper repair shop for it.
Posted on Jul 25, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 27, 2017 | Cannon Cameras
on Aug 20, 2008 | Samsung Digimax D53 Digital Camera
Jul 28, 2012 | Canon PowerShot S5 IS Digital Camera
Close the [Memory Card / Battery Cover] securely, and then turn the power on.
Clean the battery terminals with a dry cotton swab that has a fine and soft tip, and then re-insert the batteries.
If your camera uses four AA-size alkaline batteries supplied with the camera, follow the procedure below. In addition to Alkaline batteries you may use optional nickel metal hydride (NiMH) batteries.
1. Be sure that the camera power is off.
2. Slide the battery cover lock in the direction of the arrow, and push the battery cover slightly forward. Then open the cover.
3. Insert the batteries as shown.
4. Close the battery cover.
* For the PowerShot S2 IS, PowerShot S3 IS, and PowerShot S5 IS the batteries are inserted in a slightly different order, please refer to the decal inside the battery door for the correct order.
Installing batteries in cameras with 2 batteries. If your camera uses two AA-size alkaline batteries supplied with the camera, follow the procedure below. In addition to Alkaline batteries you may use optional nickel metal hydride (NiMH) batteries. Please see the various examples to find which type matches your camera.
Dec 05, 2010 | Canon Cameras
Nov 09, 2010 | Canon PowerShot S5 IS Digital Camera
Oct 20, 2010 | Canon PowerShot S5 IS Digital Camera
Nov 24, 2009 | Canon PowerShot A590 IS Digital Camera
Sep 09, 2009 | Canon PowerShot S5 IS Digital Camera
Aug 16, 2009 | Canon PowerShot S5 IS Digital Camera
May 30, 2014 | Canon PowerShot S5 IS Digital Camera
260 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: