Question about Kenmore 16602 / 16604 / 16609 Built-in Dishwasher
I have a kenmore dishwasher. While it was in the middle of the washing cycle, it stopped working and the clean light came on. The light continues to flash 24 - 7. What could be wrong with it
If the cycle doesn't complete, check these....
Water-heating cycle Many dishwashers heat the wash and/or rinse water to a higher temperature, as the cycle calls for it. In these cycles, the dishwasher pauses after it has filled with water, waiting for the water to reach the pre-set temperature. What happens next, depends, as follows:
if still it doesn't fix your problem then see whether any error codes are generated....
F1 Water heating fault, selected temperature not reached within 60 minutes · Incoming water temperature too cool
· Heating element burned out
· Thermostat defective F2 High water level · Plugged/Bad water pump
· Defective water inlet valve F3 Thermistor fault · Open thermistor
· Bad wiring to thermistor F4 Fault with water fill (only on machines with level-controlled fill)
Note: Lights blinking, pump running and controls dead indicates an over fill fault 1. Disconnect the power to the unit
2. Remove the lower access panels and check the tray under the dishwasher (you will probably find it is full of water)
3. Use a towel or a sponge to remove the water
4. There is a float that should stop the operation of the dishwasher and run the pump if water is in this tray. Check this pump to see if it is functional
5. Test the dishwasher
6. If there are no leaks from the dishwasher into the pan, check the drain hose under the sink
7. THE DRAIN HOSE MUST RUN UP TO THE TOP OF THE UNDERSIDE OF THE COUNTERTOP THEN DOWN TO THE DRAIN. (If the hose is not set up like this, water from the sink drain will flow into the dishwasher and overfill the tray
*Faults may vary by model. Use this as a general guide.
i think these details would definitely help you.....thank you...
Posted on Jul 19, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 02, 2013 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Sep 02, 2011 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Jan 29, 2011 | Whirlpool Gold 24 in. Built-In Dishwasher...
Oct 20, 2017 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Jun 12, 2009 | Maytag 24 in. MDB9150A Built-in Dishwasher
Jan 26, 2009 | Kenmore 24 in. 16352 / 16354 / 16359...
Feb 11, 2008 | Kenmore 24 in. 17262 Built-in Dishwasher
Nov 27, 2007 | Kenmore 16583 Dishwasher
Nov 08, 2007 | Kenmore 16602 / 16604 / 16609 Built-in...
Jul 25, 2007 | Kenmore 15762 Dishwasher
632 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: