Question about Creative Labs WebCam Live!
I have a model nº PD1030 and no imagine just coloured lines can anyone help. it worked perfecty in Spain and now we have moved to England it doesn't work.
Follow the instructions below and it will work.
Disconnect the Camera from the USB port and reinstall the CD or Downloaded software program.
When the program asks you to connect the camera to the USB port, do so and it should work.
Then to use it on the Web, do this.
Web Camera’s have to be setup on the program they are to be used with. Just installing the camera on your computer does not set it up to broadcast on messengers or Skype.
Each program has Options that have to be setup in order for the Audio and Video to function properly.
A. Skype Setup:
After downloading and installing Skype (http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/download/skype/windows/beta/downloading/) set it up as follows:
1. Go to Tools, then Options, and click on Audio Settings and set the Microphone and Speakers to the computer Audio Card.
2. Then click on the Video Settings.
3. The camera if Installed Properly will come up and show a video picture.
4. Then, on the bottom of the page click on Save.
The camera and audio should function properly. Your friends and Family will now be able to see and her to you.
B. Yahoo Setup:
After downloading and installing Yahoo Messenger (http://www.soft32.com/download_30.html ) set it up as follows:
1. Go to Messenger at the top left and click on it.
2. Next go down to Preferences and click on it.
3. Next Calling and Devices on the right and set the Microphone and Speakers to the computer Audio Card.
4. Next go to the Test Audio section and (in blue writing) click on “Open the call setup assistant” and follow the instructions on the left window.
C. Windows Live Messenger:
1. After you start Windows Live Messenger, expand the view by clicking on the square on top left next to the red X.
2. Then on the Windows Live messenger window on the right side, click on “ “Show Menus.” And then click on “Show the Menu Bar”.
3. Next go to the Menu Bar on right side, click on “ “Action.”
4. Go to “TOOLS” and click “Audio and Video Setting” and follow the instructions.
NOTE: Your audio and video should work. Enjoy.
When done both the Audio and Video will function properly so you can chat and see family or friends you are connected to.
D. AIM (AOL) Messenger
1. On the VIM sign-in window click on Edit.
2. Then click on Settings Enhanced IM.
3. Next click on Enhanced IM.
4. Then click on Audio Video.
5. The Audio and Video portion has drop downs so you can select the proper audio card and video camera installed in you computer.
The Audi Video drop downs are
Adjust Your Audio and Video Settings:
In order to adjust your audio and video settings, please follow the steps given below:
1. Click the Audio and Video Settings button directly below the My Buddy or My Camera window. If you are currently participating in an AOL Live Video IM session, a message will display: You must disconnect the current AOL Live Video IM conversation before running setup. Would you like to disconnect now? Click the Yes button.
2. The Audio and Video Tuning Wizard will appear to help you verify that your camera, speakers and microphone are working properly. Follow the on-screen prompts.
· The first time you use AOL Live Video IM, a message will display: Would you like to first check your audio and video settings? Click the Yes button. The Audio and Video Tuning Wizard will appear to help you verify that your camera, speakers and microphone are working properly. Follow the on-screen prompts.
· images in AOL Live Video IM may appear reversed, or as a mirror image (text may appear backwards) when you look at your own camera feed or at the picture-in-picture (PIP) display.
After making the settings your ready for a chat and video talk with your Family and Friends.
After you get your camera installed properly, DO NOT unplug it from the USB port as it will cause
the drivers to be corrupt and render the camera unusable till reinstalled it properly.
Hope this helps. Bud
Posted on Sep 27, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 08, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 13, 2012 | Refrigerators
I will try to help you, please be patience and carefully, use basics tools:screwdriver, hex,allen, Dvom.
Troubleshooting: ERR2 - Motor Movement
Since the motor moves when you press speed up, focus on the optic sensor, its wire connections, and the
optic sensor wheel. If all seems well at the sensor, inspect the motor.
??? Optic sensor wheel - Make sure that the optic sensor wheel rotates securely, without wobbling, in the
middle of the optic sensor. Realign and tighten if necessary. If optic sensor wheel teeth are missing or
bent, replace the optic sensor wheel.
??? Optic sensor wires - Make sure that wires are inserted securely to the optic sensor and to the drive board.
Check wire continuity.
??? Optic sensor - Turn on unit power. Turn the motor flywheel with your hand. The optic sensor
indicator (LED10, drive board) should light. . If it does not light, and all parts above are
good, replace the optic sensor.
??? Motor arcing - Does the motor show signs of wear - irregular arcing, carbon dust?
??? Motor brushes - Do brushes show signs of irregular wear - cracks, dents, lines? Replace the
??? M+ M- Wires - Make sure wires are connected properly.
??? Display main IC - To ensure proper signal processing, press down on the main IC on the display
board, marked U5. .
??? Ribbon cable - Ensure that the ribbon cable is attached at the drive and display boards. Check cable
If you need additional help, please reach me.
sincerely. God bless you.
Oct 21, 2011 | Proform 730 Folding Treadmill Model...
Feb 06, 2011 | EliteGroup P4VMM2 V8.1 Motherboard
Jul 16, 2010 | Yahoo Mail
Sep 24, 2009 | 2003 BMW 325
Jul 22, 2009 | Creative Labs WebCam PRO
Sep 07, 2008 | Creative Labs PD1001 Webcam
May 16, 2008 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
92 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: