Question about Sony CPD G420 19" CRT Monitor
Follow these instructions carefully.
Make sure the monitor is in a place where you have easy access,
1. Unplug the monitor and disconnect it from CPU
2. Remove screws from the back, then remove the back, locate the flyback transformer on the circuit board, (big black thing with red wire connected to the screen). You should see three knobs on the side check to see which one is marked focus, (usually the middle)
3. Have someone stand in front of the monitor or make sure it is facing a mirror and the mirror is close to it.
4. Reconnect the monitor to the CPU, plug it in and turn them on, leave running for about ten minutes
5. Then using a screwdriver that fits, slowly turn the knob while confirming with the person standing in front of it whether it’s getting better or not. If its not try the other direction. If there is no one then check the reflection in the mirror. Once you are satisfied turn the monitor off for a minute then turn it back on, if it is ok then turn it off, unplug and disconnect it from CPU. Replace the back and screws.
Don’t touch anything else with screwdriver while turning knobs. It is always best to wear shoes with rubber soles when working around electricity.
Posted on Jul 19, 2009
You have to open your monitor back. find a big part called flyback. there is two nossel in it. adjust forcus nobe litte bit for clear picture. this will definetly slove your problem.
Posted on Jul 19, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 09, 2011 | IBM Thinkvision L190P (Black) 19" LCD...
Apr 03, 2011 | Polaroid Televison & Video
Jul 14, 2008 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-29LS35 29" TV
Apr 09, 2008 | Sony FD Trinitron KV-28FQ75 28" TV
Sep 23, 2007 | Sony Multiscan E530 (White) 21" CRT...
Oct 29, 2006 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-32HS510 32" TV
Aug 12, 2006 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-20FS120 20" TV
206 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!