Question about Epson Stylus CX6600 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Was fine yesterday
It is unfortunate that you are having this difficulty with your printer.
To help preserve the life of the ink cartridges we suggest that you turn the printer off when it is not in use.
Please confirm that the head cleanings were done using the most effective method listed below.
1. Make sure the printer is turned on but not printing. Make sure there are no error lights or messages appearing in the LCD.
NOTE: You cannot clean the print head if the any of the cartridges are expended. Replace the appropriate ink cartridge before proceeding.
2. Load letter size paper.
3. Click on START.
For Windows 95/98/ME: Click SETTINGS, PRINTERS, then RIGHT-CLICK on the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PROPERTIES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
For Windows 2000: Click SETTINGS, PRINTERS, then RIGHT-CLICK on the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
For Windows XP: Click CONTROL PANEL, PRINTERS AND FAXES. RIGHT-CLICK your EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. If this icon is not showing, select VIEW INSTALLED PRINTERS. Then RIGHT-CLICK the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
For Windows Vista: Click CONTROL PANEL,HARDWARE AND SOUND then PRINTERS. Note: these steps may vary depending on how Vista is setup. RIGHT-CLICK on the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
4. Click on the UTILITY or MAINTENANCE tab, then click on HEAD CLEANING.
5. Follow the instructions on the screen to clean the printhead. Cleaning takes about 30 seconds, during which time the printer makes some noise and the power light flashes. Never turn off the printer while the power light is flashing, unless the printer has not moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.
6. When the power light stops flashing click PRINT NOZZLE CHECK PATTERN and then click NEXT.
7. If the nozzle check pattern has no gaps in its lines, click FINISH. If the pattern has any gaps, click CLEAN to clean the printhead again.
8. If the situation continues after three cleaning cycles and nozzle checks, replace one of the affected ink cartridge(s).
9. Once the cartridge(s) has been replaced, please follow steps one through seven up to three times.
If the nozzle check still has gaps after you have run at least 3 consecutive cleaning cycles and replaced the affected ink cartridge(s), your printer will require service.
Posted on Jan 23, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 07, 2011 | Lexmark X2670 All-In-One Printer
Sep 01, 2009 | Samsung CLP 300 Laser Printer
Apr 19, 2009 | HP PSC 750 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 19, 2008 | Dell 5100cn Laser Printer
Apr 08, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 7110 All-In-One Thermal...
Aug 11, 2007 | HP Color LaserJet 3500 Printer
43 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!