Question about Computers & Internet
If the system was able to enter the desktop and restarts...once possible cause is a virus...scan the pc via safemode or reinstall windows.
but if it didn't enter the OS desktop...cause might be the boot loader or MBR is damage..
worth a try:
Run the Recovery Console from the Windows XP startup disks or the Windows XP CD-ROM, follow these steps:
1. Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.
Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.
2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console.
4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
5. At the command prompt, type this commands one at a time.
COPY [CDDRIVE]:\I386\NTLDR C:\
COPY [CDDRIVE]:\I386\NTDETECT.COM C:\
6. To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
Posted on Nov 19, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 22, 2011 | AcerPower Sn PC Desktop
Oct 24, 2010 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Mar 31, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Mar 07, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv2500t Notebook
Dec 15, 2008 | IBM ThinkPad T22 2647 Notebook
Aug 22, 2008 | Compaq Presario Notebook
224 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!