Question about PC Desktops
If the system was able to enter the desktop and restarts...once possible cause is a virus...scan the pc via safemode or reinstall windows.
but if it didn't enter the OS desktop...cause might be the boot loader or MBR is damage..
worth a try:
Run the Recovery Console from the Windows XP startup disks or the Windows XP CD-ROM, follow these steps:
1. Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.
Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.
2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console.
4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
5. At the command prompt, type this commands one at a time.
COPY [CDDRIVE]:\I386\NTLDR C:\
COPY [CDDRIVE]:\I386\NTDETECT.COM C:\
6. To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
Posted on Nov 19, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
May 27, 2011 | PC Desktops
Apr 22, 2011 | AcerPower Sn PC Desktop
Feb 25, 2011 | Acer PC Desktops
Oct 24, 2010 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Jun 23, 2010 | PC Desktops
Jul 20, 2009 | Compaq EVO D510 CMT P4 2.5/20GB/256MB...
Oct 19, 2008 | PC Desktops
Oct 26, 2007 | Acer Aspire™ T180 PC Desktop
Oct 22, 2016 | PC Desktops
222 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!