a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Restart your pc whilst the usb disk is connected.
After the restart, right-click on the USB disk in ''my computer'' window and select ''format'' from the drop down list.
Just click format to get your disk formatted after you are prompted ''format complete''
Hope u are true now.
Your external hard drive has no partitions so Windows has no drive to mount. Follow these steps to create and format a partition for your external hard drive.
1. Press Win+R to open the Run command. 2. Type "Control" into the dialog box. 3. Double-click Administrative Tools. 4. Double-click Computer Management. 5. Select Disk Management under Storage. 6. Find the 250 GB External Hard drive in the right pane. 7. Right click on the drive and select "Create new partition". 8. After the partition is created you will need to format the partition. 9. Format the partition as NTFS unless you plan on booting off the hard drive, in which case format the partition as FAT32. You can also create multiple partitions if you want. 10. Enter My Computer and you will now see your external hdd.
On your e250, go to the "Settings" menu, select "USB Mode", and set it to "MSC". Then connect your e250 to your computer. It show up under My Computer as a "removable disk". Right click on it and select "Format". Click on the "Start" button, making sure that Quick Format is NOT checked. Wait for the formatting to complete, unplug your e250, wait for it to reboot (or force it to reboot if necessary), plug it back in, and copy your songs back onto it.
Reformat the drive on your Sansa. Open My Computer then right click the drive that corresponds to your Sansa and choose format. It will be the one that says "removable drive". This usually works, just make sure you keep a backup of all your music in case this happens again.
An internal memory corruption might have occurred on your player, and would need to format your player through "Disk Management" (I'm assuming you have Windows XP or Vista). Here's how:
(1) First, set your player to MSC mode by navigating your menu as follows:
Menu >> Settings >> USB Mode
(2) Open "Computer Management" by right-clicking on the "My Computer" icon, then selecting "Manage"
(3) Your "Computer Management" window should be divided into 2 panes. On the left pane, click on "Disk Management"
(4) On the upper right pane of "Disk Management", you should find the drive letter corresponding to your Sansa E250. The lower section also contains the drive # pertaining to your E250. Right-click on either drive letters pertaining to the E250 and select "Format". Follow the on-screen prompts. Make sure that the "Quick Format" checkbox remains un-checked.
In general, Disk Management is more the effective tool for formatting your E250 and assuming the format processing completed without any errors, you may now use your player as you would.
You may want to set the mode of your MP3 player back to "MTP" (if you're going to download subscription songs -- otherwise, just leave it in MSC mode) by navigating your menu as follows:
Menu >> Settings >> USB Mode
In case you get the error "Unable to Complete Format" or the format process is unable to complete, you may want to call the SanDisk Tech Support guys for more advanced troubleshooting (I call `em when I'm at my wit's end lol)
I hope it works :)