Question about E-Machines M5312 Notebook
Original owner since 2004; pristine condition. One minute working fine, next minute no power LED, no charge LED, no nothing.
It had been working on AC for at least 2 hours without an issue. Now nothing.
Put laptop and charger in freezer for 30 minutes, still nothing. Obviously something catastrophic has failed. Besides checking for power output from charger, what are the hands-on recommendations? I have build many desktops before from scratch but never a laptop.
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 27, 2014 | 2004 Toyota Tacoma
Aug 03, 2014 | Mad Catz Rock Band 3 2 1 Wireless Fender...
Symptoms of a broken power jack
1. If you wiggle the power cord or the AC Adapter connector on the back of the laptop, the power LED and battery charge LED start to flicker.
2. Battery will not charge in the laptop.
3. Laptop runs fine off a charged battery.
4. With the AC Adapter connected the laptop appears to be dead.
No power LED or battery charge LED activity.
5. Laptop randomly powers off without any warning.
If your laptop is out of warranty, then you can fix the problem by re-soldering DC-IN jack on the system board. If it
May 25, 2011 | Advent 4211c Notebook
May 24, 2010 | Olympus FE-230 Digital Camera
Dec 27, 2009 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Nov 04, 2009 | HP Compaq 8510w Notebook
May 17, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 5150 Notebook
Dec 28, 2010 | E-Machines M5312 Notebook
67 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: