Question about Samsung HCN5527W 55" Rear Projection Television
I would like to attempt to fix this problem myself but i am in need of Information on what parts i would need to replace to correct this display issue. Also if anyone has a place where i can download repair manual for this fix... The picture on screen bowes towards the middle its actually pretty clear pic in midle section of screen and then worsens outward also the red colors that make up the picture are about an inch to the right of the actual picture displayed. Ive tried convergence settings and autofocus . But niether operations made any difference, is there an adjustment in the TV i can Make ? I noticed something on the back of tv referring to Lens Adjustment, Im not touching anything Until I have more Info . Thanks for your help in advance...
You need at a minimum (1) soldering station, I recommend a Weller wes51, (2) a digital or analog multi-meter or ohm meter to test some resistors, (3) a tube of heat sink compound, (4) some desoldering braid and solder, (5) two STK392-040 convergence amps, (6) possibly a couple 3.5a pico fuses and maybe a few resistors - oh, and a lot of patience..
The convergence amps are located on a small board up and to the left, looking in the back of the unit, mounted on the crt array.
Not any rocket science here getting them down - just unbolt and unplug and take out the whole board.
Remove the stress bar holding the face of the Ic's, turn the board over and desolder and remove them.. Clean the heat sink of the old compound and line-up the new Ic's before applying HS compound to them and simply install them... Be careful not to over heat the pins and don't be in any hurry.
Now test the two 3.5a pico fuses and replace if necessary, as well as the 3.9 ohm resistors out in front of the amps.
After alll the repairs just re-install and you're done - except for some touch-up convergence.
NOTE: Don't buy some chineese knock-offs for amps, get Sanyo originals from some trusted distributor like ACME out of Florida.. http://www.acme-sales.net/index.shtml just click into their on-line TV parts catalog, the rest is self-explanatory.
PS If you need the service manual just email me privately and I'll send it via Pando..
Posted on Nov 19, 2007
There is a lot on the Internet about replacing the Convergence Correction Amplifiers and the biasing resistors, so I will not recreated the wheel on this. I'll just say what you can do is go on line and google: convergence amp replacement for Samsung HCN5527W. Follow the instructions and this hopefully will corect your problem. Now for some words of wisdom.
Be very careful because 80% of what is in a television can kill you, and the other 20% will make sure that you have a bad day.
That being said, I would suggest that you take this set to a qualified TV repair shop or have them come in to perform a check on the set.
The items you will need to start off are:
1) A schematic of the TV (tells you what voltages and signals should be present in the circuit)
2) A Multimeter (to measure the bias voltages)
3) A Signal Generator (I know the Tv has on-board diagnostic programs, but I am old fashioned)
I hope this helps,
Posted on Nov 19, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 06, 2010 | Televison & Video
Aug 16, 2009 | Hitachi 46F500 46" Rear Projection...
Oct 26, 2008 | RCA P56923BL 56" Rear Projection...
Sep 08, 2008 | Akai PT5598HD 55" Rear Projection...
May 31, 2008 | Akai PT5598HD 55" Rear Projection...
Jan 01, 2008 | Hitachi 53UDX10B 53" Rear Projection...
Nov 10, 2007 | Samsung PCL6215R 62" Rear Projection...
Apr 01, 2007 | Samsung HC-P4752W 47" Rear Projection...
May 05, 2017 | Samsung HCN5527W 55" Rear Projection...
103 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!