Question about Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Canon now includes a 'smart'chip in the cartridge to deter refilling.
Buy NEW PG40 and CL41.
This is actually a very easy fix. Two absorber pads are located on the right side of the printer, under the ink cartridges. With the printer on, lift the top to expose the cartridges. They will automatically move out of the way. You can move them to the left side by hand if the printer is not on. You will probably need a flashlight to see the pads. They each sit in a rubber retainer. The pads can be removed very easily and cleaned. Take the pads out of the retainers with tweezers. They clean up nicely with warm water but you can use something like Simple Green if they are stubborn. It is best to use a spray bottle (on stream) and blast it through the pad until it is white. Sometimes just putting it under a running faucet will do the trick. If there is ink in the rubber retainer after taking the pad out, it can be cleaned up with a paper towel. Put the pads back into the retainers and you have successfully cleaned the ink absorbers. Now you may have to reset the error message so you can get back to printing. This is how to do it.
How to clear E27 Code
* With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button.
* When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
* When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
* When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table below.(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.)note: press 4 times for waste ink counter reset.
The number of the Reset button pressing LED Function Remarks
0 time Green Power off
1 time Orange Service pattern print (auto teste)
2 times Green EEPROM print (dados da EEPROM)
3 times Orange EEPROM reset (EEPROM reset)
4 times Green Waste ink counter reset (Absorvente reset)
* Turn off the printer.( it must be turn off) then turn it on again.
Posted on Jul 18, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 09, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
on Apr 02, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 01, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP8500 InkJet Photo Printer
Aug 08, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
May 21, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
May 22, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP3000 InkJet Photo Printer
Apr 04, 2010 | Canon IMAGEPROGRAF IPF8000 InkJet Plotter...
Mar 22, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP130 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 01, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 16, 2014 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
200 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: