Question about Kaito KA1103 SW/FM/AM Radio
I need to replace the volume control .
what type or what rating do I need .
Can somebody help.
I had this problem. The jog dial just stopped functioning. I repaired it by doing this:
1. Remove the batteries and leave the battery cover off.
2. Remove the case screws from the radio using a jewelers sized Phillips screw driver. There is one screw inside the battery compartment.
3. Gently separate the two halves of the radio just a few inches. Remove the wrist strap; it will just be laying over top of a screw post.
4. Inspect the wring of the jog dial. You will note several wires soldered to the dial, including one small bundle of wires leading from the jog dial to a white plastic connector on the faceplate of the radio.
5. Study the bundle of wires from the jog dial to the faceplate. Is it twisted? Has it been crimped inside the case? Smooth and straighten the wires with your fingers gently. Remove severe bends.
6. Detach the small white plastic connector from the faceplate and untwist and smooth the wires. The connector should slip off easily. Now clean the metal pins that the connector mates to with a Q-Tip. Seat, remove and re-seat the connector 3 times to scrape off any built up corrosion. Ensure the wire bundle is smooth and untwisted and reattach the connector.
7. With the radio still apart, reinstall good batteries. DO NOT USE AC POWER! and check that you have returned the proper function of the jog dial.
8. Reinstall the wrist strap over the top corner post and carefully mate the two halves of the radio together. Continue to test and check the jog dial as you seat the halves together. Reinstall one or two case screws at a time, checking that the dial still functions until the radio is fully reassembled and the case is tight.
Posted on Sep 12, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 06, 2011 | Televison & Video
Mar 31, 2011 | Dodge Caravan Cars & Trucks
Jun 23, 2010 | 2006 Volkswagen Passat
Mar 11, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders
Nov 12, 2009 | Nokia E71 Smartphone
Oct 14, 2009 | Sony Ericsson T230
May 02, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 06, 2009 | Yamaha RX-V800 Receiver
Oct 02, 2008 | IBM ThinkPad R31 2656 Notebook
Feb 17, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders
Jun 14, 2011 | Kaito KA1103 SW/FM/AM Radio
Jan 30, 2011 | Kaito KA1103 SW/FM/AM Radio
183 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: