Question about Dell OptiPlex 740 PC Desktop
Reset computer to factory setting
You Hit F2 when The Computer Is Booting Up then You Go into The BIOS And Somewhere In there It Should Give you The Option To Set the Computer Settings To Defalt.
Posted on Jul 18, 2009
I bought a company computer and it does not have access to control panel, Hoe do I restore the factory settings?
Posted on Jan 23, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Restore factory settings.
Here is the Dell tech support article for PC Restore to re-image the system to the factory settings.
Posted on Nov 04, 2008
This is from the Dell support site. You were correct in pressing ctrl+f11 but perhaps you did not press at the correct time. If in following these first two steps you do not get the recovery console, it may not have been installed on your computer.
1 Turn on the computer.
2 When the Dell splash screen appears during the computer startup process, press and hold <Ctrl> and then press <F11>. Then, release both keys at the same time.
3 In the Dell PC Restore by Symantec window, click Restore. Alternatively, press <Tab> to highlight Restore, and then press <Enter>.
4 When a warning message appears stating that all data will be lost, click Confirm, or press <Tab> to highlight Confirm and then press <Enter>.
The Progress window will appear. Once the restore process starts, Dell PC Restore by Symantec usually takes about 8 to 10 minutes to finish.
When the restore process is complete, the following message will appear:
The system recovery process was successful.
5 Click Finish or press <Tab> to highlight Finish and then press <Enter> to restart the computer.
The software is now installed as it was when the computer was first received.
Posted on Dec 10, 2008
1) Go to start menu
(2) Click on all programs
(3) click on Emachine
(4) click on Emachine recovery management
(5) Click on restore on the bar across the top
(6) click on restore to system factory default
Posted on Sep 24, 2009
1. Restart the computer.
2. As the computer restarts, press the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.
You must press F8 before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press F8 after the Windows logo appears, the Advanced Boot Options menu does not appear on the screen. If you do not see the Advanced Boot Options menu, restart the computer, and then repeat this step until you see the menu on the screen.
3. Press the (Down Arrow) to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press Enter.
4. Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.
5. Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK.
6. Click Dell Factory Image Restore.
7. In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.
8. Click to select the check box for Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition.
9. Click Next. The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.
10. When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.
Posted on Jun 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 23, 2017 | Tablets & eReaders
Feb 20, 2017 | Apple iPad Tablets & eReaders
Feb 08, 2017 | Apple iPad Tablets & eReaders
Feb 05, 2017 | Computers & Internet
Nov 06, 2016 | Apple iPad Mini
May 26, 2012 | Dell Inspiron 1521 Notebook
Feb 19, 2011 | HP Mini 210-1030NR Netbook
Jan 05, 2011 | Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 Netbook...
3,032 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: