Question about Philips DVP3020 DVD Player
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The following solution was posted on Whirpool.
Turn on the unit with no disc in the unit. The No Disc message should be visible
Press the following keys in this sequence
Repeat (not the A-B Repeat, just the plain Repeat)
Fast rewind button (just below the Disc Menu button)
The number 9 should now appear towards the left of the screen.
Open then close the disc draw
Turn off the unit and then on again. You should now be able to play DVDs from any region
Posted on Jul 04, 2009
You can try to use this tip,
which is generally used for all these Samsung models:
I think that P-241 is about the same of P-233, which is unlocked with
this tip. You can try, and then answer me if worked.
1. Make sure that there is no disc in the tray and switch on the player.
2. Cold start the player, by holding down the PLAY and STOP buttons on the player.
3. You should see a set of language options. Release the PLAY and STOP buttons.
4. Select your language.
5. Press REPEAT then the following codes for the required region the player is already set to (region you bought the player in) do not confuse this with the A-B button:
Region 1 - 2, 9, 3, 3, 4
Region 2 - 3, 8, 7, 6, 7
("E series M105", M205 and M305 users try: 57538)
Region 3 - 5, 6, 7, 3, 2
Region 4 - 7, 6, 8, 8, 4
Region 5 - 5, 3, 8, 1, 4
Region 6 - 2, 4, 4, 6, 2
6. A code will appear, indicating the region setting of your player.
7. Press 9 for region-free, or 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2, etc.
8. Press OPEN/CLOSE on the Player to open the disc tray. You may need to push the tray shut rather than use the player button, in order for the region not to be changed to 4 (M203).
9. Press STANDBY (POWER) on the remote control to close the tray. Next time the player is turned on it will set to the region specified. If the player halts on the FBI Warnings, press Forward Search x2 or faster.
On some models, you will have the ability to disable Macrovision, but you will have to turn off the Quasi-PAL option and set the SCART output type to Video rather than RGB.
Posted on Jul 09, 2009
Thank you for checking on me! I have not received a solution to make my particular DVD player region free. At this time, I am just not able to purchase anything. Perhaps at a later time I might find myself in a better financial status.
Again, thank you for checking on me!
Posted on Jul 24, 2009
SOURCE: PHILIPS dual screen DVD player
Above is a link that explains it all, from what it appears you cannot change the codes, and as of now, i haven't been able to find any hacks either.
Posted on Feb 19, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 07, 2013 | Samsung HT-F5500W 5.1-Channel 3D Blu-ray...
LG 3200E, LG 3520, LG 4351, LG 4721P, LG 4730, LG 4821P, LG 4950S, LG 5083, LG 5822N, LG 593W
Aug 12, 2012 | LG Televison & Video
Nov 02, 2010 | Samsung DVD-P191 DVD Player
Aug 19, 2010 | Samsung BDC6900 3D Bluray Disc Player
Oct 20, 2009 | Samsung DVD-P191 DVD Player
Apr 18, 2009 | Televison & Video
Sep 09, 2008 | Samsung DVD-V6700 DVD Player/VCR
Jun 27, 2008 | Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray Player
Mar 25, 2008 | Samsung DVD-V6700 DVD Player/VCR
Nov 13, 2007 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
183 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!