Question about Bosch 23 in. SHU33A Built-In Dishwasher
Hi - I'm actually just wanting to know how much salt to put into the salt container. Have lost the manual as it's a very old model. Thanks!
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Salt indicator light comes on?
Check the instructions which are freely available from www.miele.co.uk or the relevant site for your country. Browse to the current models and you should find the PDF for your model. For non-current models, instructions are under the link "Customer Support".
In general, the instructions are as follows:
If the water in your area is very soft and constantly lower than 0.7 mmol/l (4 °d) you do not need to add dishwasher salt. The water softener must, however, still be programmed to correspond to the water hardness level in your area. (The salt indicator light will still come on, but should be ignored).
Important: Before filling the salt reservoir with dishwasher salt for the first time, you must fill it with approx. 2 litres of water to enable the salt to dissolve. Once the dishwasher has been used, there is always sufficient water in the reservoir.
Inadvertently filling the salt reservoir with powder or liquid dishwasher detergent always leads to serious damage to the water softener. Make sure you have picked up the correct packet of dishwasher salt before filling the salt reservoir!
Only use special coarse grained dishwasher salt for reactivation. Do not use other salts such as cooking salt, agricultural grade or gritting salt. These may contain insoluble additives which can impair the functioning of the water softener.
* Remove the lower basket and unscrew the salt reservoir cap.
* Fill the reservoir with approx. 2 litres of water (first use).
* Place the funnel provided over the salt reservoir and carefully fill with salt until the reservoir is full. The salt reservoir holds approx. 2 kg of salt depending on the brand used.
As the salt reservoir is filled, displaced water will overflow.
* Clean any excess salt from around the reservoir opening and then screw the cap on again firmly.
* Run the "Pre-wash" programme immediately to remove any traces of salt water from the cabinet.
For the Miele, the salt reservoir is usually under the bottom basket, the cap is usually grey in colour. [Only the latest models have the refill cap in the door itself].
You should be able to find dishwasher salt just about anywhere, I've even found it in Malaysia, sold at good ol' Tesco!! Brands of salt include Calgonit (Finish) & Somat.
Posted on Jan 09, 2008
SOURCE: my bosh classixx dishwasher is
Inside the machine in base there is a large screw cap.
--- Please dont forget to vote this answer was helpful Many thanks ------
Undo that put DISHWASHER salt in not cooking salt.
Make sure the salt well is full of water in it before you put in the salt. Fill salt to top.
Please dont forget to vote this answer was helpful
Posted on Feb 14, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 25, 2015 | Dishwashers
Sep 25, 2014 | Dishwashers
Sep 08, 2014 | Intex Automatic Salt Water System for ...
Mar 23, 2013 | Dishwashers
Mar 23, 2013 | Dishwashers
Aug 26, 2011 | Miele 24 in. G643Vi Plus Built-In...
1. Unscrew the cap from the salt container
anticlockwise, which is located on the right side of the
2. Load the salt into the container. Each time you may load 250g of salt, which can be used for 15
3. Fill the water into the salt container until a small amount of water comes out(it is very important
when you use it for the first time).
4. Screw the cap back carefully.
1. Load the salt before the beginning of wash cycle so as to prevent corrosion.
2. Load the salt when the salt indicator light in the control panel is illuminated.
3. Only use dishwasher salt.
Jul 19, 2011 | Kenwood KDW4TTSL Dishwasher
Jan 01, 2011 | Helman Group RSM650 Retro Vertical Slush...
Jun 01, 2010 | Intex Automatic Salt Water System for ...
Nov 07, 2009 | Siemens Dishwashers
Jul 07, 2014 | Bosch 23 in. SHU33A Built-In Dishwasher
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: