Question about Yamaha HTR-5630 Receiver
I follow the instructions in Basic Setup for 5 speakers. The display shows all 5 speakers, then the test that follows on all 5 speakers and test noise comes out of every speaker. When I press set, the display only shows L and R speakers and nothing comes out of the effect speakers (center and rear L and R.
How do I get the 5 speakers to work?
I have hooked up two of these amps recently (a friend has one as well), and noticed a similar problem; the display only shows L and R. However, if you adjust the levels (specifically, leave L and R in the middle, turn RL and RR almost all the way up, turn center up a little), you should find that while the display only shows your front mains, sound is coming out of all speakers (make sure 'stereo' is not pressed and try playing around with the sound programs). Hope this helps!
Posted on Feb 20, 2010
I think you need a digital coaxial wire instead of the composite ones
Posted on May 17, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 24, 2015 | Onkyo TX-SV414Pro Receiver
Aug 19, 2012 | Yamaha RX-V773
Feb 16, 2011 | Yamaha HTR-3063
Jan 06, 2011 | Yamaha RX-V663 Receiver
U cant get an amplified out put form ur av receiver for zone 2. speaker a A and B is the same out put of frond left and right. it is not ZONE 2 output. U can get only a pre output for zone to from this receiver. U nee a separate stereo amplifier for using zone 2 .put an amplifier in the other room, connect the zone 2 pre out to it. And do the following setup in ur av receiver .
The receiver shows check speaker cable because its amplifier minimum impedance is 8 ohms . when u connect other speaker in speaker the total impedance will come under 4 ohms. Speaker b is not ZONE 2 in this amplifier
1. press the input selector button A or B to select the source component you want to setup.
2. press and hold LEARN (on remote) button about 3 seconds by using a boll pen or similar object ( SETUP and the selected component name appear alternately in the display window.)
3. press up or down arrow to select "zone2"
4. press LEARN to complete the Zone 2 setup.
5. press source select up arrow to display Zone2 in the window.
6. press an input selector button to select input source u want to listen to in the second room
7. u can control the component by using the component control area button
Dec 26, 2010 | Yamaha RX-V2200 Receiver
Feb 24, 2010 | Yamaha RX-V457 Receiver
Mar 12, 2009 | Denon AVR-483 5.1 Channels Receiver
Dec 22, 2008 | Yamaha HTR-5830 Receiver
Aug 23, 2008 | Yamaha HTR-6030 Receiver
Aug 14, 2007 | Onkyo TX-SR500 Receiver
334 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!