Question about Computers & Internet
Need to replace Laptop hard drive. Which screws in the back cover need to come off to open the cover and get to the hard drive?
Beware ussualy the acces to the hdd is separatly ...you have to have on the back some specification about ...and its just a square acces top ..about the size of the Hdd ...
better watch this video ...
Posted on Jul 18, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 13, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Nov 27, 2007 | Computers & Internet
Power off the Toshiba laptop. Remove the power cord and the battery.
Turn the laptop upside down and remove the panel where the hard drive goes with a screwdriver.
Depending on the model of Toshiba laptop being worked on, this may include the entire bottom panel, a panel covering both hard drive slots or a panel covering the empty second slave hard drive slot.
Install the second hard drive by inserting it into the open slot.
Replace the opened cover.
Replace the battery and power cord.
Turn on the computer.
The second hard drive is automatically configured as the slave drive.
Depending on the operating system and previous status of the slave hard drive, it may need to be partitioned or formatted before being used by the operating system.
hope this helps
Sep 13, 2012 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
May 10, 2011 | Toshiba QOSMIO E15-AV101 Notebook
May 05, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite A85-S107 Notebook
3. Unscrew the hard drive cover. Grab the hard drive tab and shift the hard drive to the left to unplug it. Lift the hard drive out of the bay.
4. Unscrew and remove the PCI memory cover, the optical drive cover, and switch cover.
5. Unscrew the two screws that hold the keyboard to the base, these are located in the middle of the rear panel. Flip the laptop over so it is right side up, open and remove the keyboard by using the keyboard release switches located above the keyboard. Next, unplug the Toshiba Satellite U205-S5067 Fan cable.
6. Close the laptop and turn it over so it is bottom up. Unscrew the display assembly screws located under the laptop screen hinges. Turn the laptop over so it is right side up. Open the laptop and unplug the display assembly cable and disconnect the wireless antenna from the display assembly. Unscrew the display assembly from the laptop base and remove.
7. Unplug the mouse pad cable. Turn the laptop over so the bottom side is up and unscrew the base screws which are located along all four sides of the laptop base. Gently remove the base of the laptop.
8. Turn the laptop over so it is right side up. Unplug the fan cable from the circuit board. Unscrew the screws holding the Toshiba Satellite U205-S5067 CPU fan assembly to the laptop. Lift the fan assembly out of the laptop.
9. Insert the new Toshiba Satellite U205-S5067 CPU fan assembly into the lap top. Screw the assembly unit to the lap top and plug the Toshiba Satellite U205-S5067 CPU cooling fan cable into the circuit board.
10. Reassemble the laptop by repeating the previous steps in reverse order.
Hope this helps.
Apr 05, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Nov 14, 2010 | Toshiba A45-S121 Notebook
May 04, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite A105-S4334 Notebook
Feb 28, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A135-S2386 Notebook
214 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!