- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I suggest that you reinstall the driver of your printer. You can also try updating it. You can use RadarSync in knowing if the driver is outdated or not and you can use the same software to update it automatically.
do this disconnect the scanner motor plug from the engine board this plug is at the top of the engine board it will be either all white strands or blue black and red standed wires. then see if it powers on. this sounds like the scanner motor is dieing and is shorting out when it gets warm.
delete the norton internet security as its blocking the scanner files of your printer software .or try reloading the printer drivers again but if reloading the printer drivers does not helps then removing the norton software is compulsary as the files of printer are getting blocked so scanner is not working.
Download the driver/software from this Lexmark link. On the left hand column, click on "Find Drivers and Downloads" On the next page type " X1150" in the search by model box.Then select "Lexmark x1150"
With the Lexmark printers communication subsystem you MUST let the
driver ask for you to plug in the printer. DO NOT plug the printer into
the USB port until told to do so.
To fix a fouled install :
(1) Uninstall the Lexmark drivers in Add Remove Programs
(2) Shutdown the computer
(3) Disconnect the printer from the USB port
(4) Restart the computer
(5) Run the Driver Installation software
(6) Cancel ALL attempts by windows to auto install the printer
(7) When the sofware asks for the printer connect it and continue