Question about NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router (WPN824NAR)
I have Netgear wpn824 v3 router, and my isp is through a Verizon dsl. I went through the router steps found here, but none of the PC/Laptop steps address connecting via wireless with the Windows 2000 operating system. Since my laptop does not have an internal wireless modem, I am using a Linksys wireless G Network Adapter (WUSB54GS). Please help. The linksys keeps telling me "Cannot associate with the access point".
First make sure that you can access internet through the router when connected to it wired. If yes, then please perform the steps below to configure settings:
1. Open the browser(Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox) on a computer connected to the router.
2. Access the router, usually with http://192.168.1.1 or http://www.routerlogin.com.
3. Login to the router with the Username as "admin" and Password as "password" (please note that the username and password is case sensitive).
4. Click on Wireless Settings'(under Setup) from the left menu.
5. Select security options as 'WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)'.
6. Set the 'Authentication Type' as automatic.
7. Set the 'Encryption Strength' as 64-bit.
8. In Key 1 type a 10 digit number.
9. Apply the settings.
10. Click on Wireless Settings under Advanced in the left hand side menu.
11.. Click on Setup Access List. Uncheck the option Turn Access Control on and click apply.
Scan for the wireless network on the computer with the wireless adapter and connect to your network.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Jul 18, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 29, 2012 | NetGear RangeMax NEXT WNR834B Wireless...
Jul 15, 2010 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
Jun 24, 2010 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
Feb 15, 2010 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
Jan 12, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Jan 07, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 25, 2008 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Dec 17, 2008 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Feb 03, 2008 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Dec 15, 2007 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
149 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: