Question about Philips Magnavox 27MS343S 27" TV
The tv is locked and the setting needs to be changed. This tv does not have a remote, I have been using a cable remote, but the tv is stuck and the AUX is shown on the screen and the chanel button will not change. This tv is a combination/DVD/VCR. I have a Philip Universal remote, but it has stop working and I do not have the codes to program it.
The Magnavox TV codes for a phillips universal remote are:
MAGNAVOX 0807, 0002, 0502, 0247, 0919, 0224, 0430, 0402, 0408, 0109, 0715
Posted on Nov 18, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 15, 2016 | Hitachi Televison & Video
Oct 13, 2014 | Emerson Televison & Video
1. Turn on the TV using the remote control. In most cases, you will need the original Jensen remote to unlock the TV if you aren't sure of the unlock code. You can purchase an original replacement online if necessary.
2. Look at the screen. If you see a red key on the bottom of the screen, press "Function" and "Mute" on the remote at the same time. This will unlock the channel. Do this if you want to bypass the lock to watch a certain show or channel while leaving the TV locked. All other channels will remain locked and the TV will lock again when it is turned off.
3. Unlock all of the channels on the TV by entering 0711 or 3308. These are the Jensen factory reset codes that will reset the TV to the original factory settings. By doing this, you will loose any information that you have stored in the TV, such as channel labels and schedules. You will have to program the TV again by going through the entire initial set up.
4. Call the technical support service number in your owner's manual if neither of those codes work. A technician can help you troubleshoot the television as the problem may not be the parental lock feature. Have the model number and serial number of the TV available when you call.
5. Take your television to a TV repair shop if neither of the codes work and the TV locked by itself while it was turned on. In this case, the TV may need to be rewired.
Mar 14, 2011 | Jensen 143307 Remote Control
Feb 18, 2011 | RCA 20F420T 20" TV
Jan 28, 2011 | Televison & Video
Jan 09, 2011 | RCA Televison & Video
Dec 26, 2010 | Sony Bravia KDL-32V4000 32 in. LCD TV
Jan 07, 2009 | Televison & Video
Mar 01, 2008 | Tivo Series2 TCD649080 Video Recorder
150 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!