Question about Canon PIXMA MP170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
What does the trouble code 6500 on a cannon printer pixma mp170 means?
The 6500 error code is a logic board error code. The PCI Bus error is detected by the ASCI. Sounds like it needs new logic board. but i suggest you to first of all you can try to reset your printer -
1. Turn the printer off with the Power button (if available).
2. Disconnect the data cable from the printer.
3. Unplug the printer's power cord for approximately 10 minutes, and then plug it back in.
4. Turn the printer back on. If this works you're done, if not try the next step.
1. After confirming that the printer is powered on, open the paper output tray.
2. Open the top cover and wait until the print head moves to the center.
3. Open the inner cover and check that ink tanks are properly seated.
4. Properly seated
5. Press down on each ink tank until a click is heard.
6. Close the inner cover and top cover
if reset method not works for you then you go for the new logic board replacement .............
Posted on Oct 01, 2009
Error code 6500 on Canon Pixma MP170 means that an internal error occured and the only solution to this problem is to get it repaired ...
Don't forget to vote if this helps ... Cheers :)
Posted on Jul 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 26, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
May 29, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP170 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 08, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP170 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 21, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP170 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 31, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP170 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 29, 2008 | Cannon Office Equipment & Supplies
763 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: