Question about Kitchen Ranges
Both rangehood quartz halogen lights failed simultaneously - fans is still OK - unit about 2.5 years old.
I have a Fabyka Range Hood and know three other people who have had this exact problem (i.e both lights go out simulatneously but fan works fine). In my case I was able to pin it down to the transformer used by the halogen lights. This is an electronic transformer so it is less tolerant of power surges and such.
In the case of Fabyka the transformer is a black box connected to the inside of the hood with sticky tape with a black and white wire and two red wires. It is only used for the lights.
It is connected to the AC power via a black and white wire. you can disconnect this and us an LED power tester (about $2-$5 at most hardware stores) and see if you have power when you hit the switch.
In my case it is a 70W 120v to 12v halogen transformer. You can by a replacement off Amazon for about $12 including shipping or you can by a new one from Fabyka for about $30. I would suggest getting a slightly higher wattage transformer (I bought a 105watt for a dollar more).
You will need to disconnect the power before replacing but it is an easy fix.
1. Disconnect the AC power connector (black and white wires.)
2. The red wires coming out are the 12volt lines. If there is a connector, you can disconnect this, if not, you may need to cut these off.
3. Pull the tranformer off the back of the inside of the hood.
4. Cut the connectors off the old transformer. (Unless you buy Fabyka's.)
5. Connect them to the new transformer using wire connectors or crimps. (Make sure you connect black to black, white to white, and red to red.)
6. Make sure you have no exposed wires.
7. Connect to the corresponding connectors inside the hood. Connect the AC connector last.
8. Verify that the lights work properly.
9. Use sticky tape (or Gorilla tape) to attach the connector to the inside of the hood.
10. Enjoy the light.
Posted on Oct 02, 2011
Thanks for the posts. Ours just went out today. I could only test a bulb and that was fine. They all went out at once lke everyone else. And 3 years old too. It's a common problem by the sounds of it. At least it's fixable.
Posted on Sep 23, 2012
We strongly recommend you to use our led cooker hood lamps to replace the halogen lamps to avoid the lighting problems.
We are led cooker hood lamps factory,so good quality and price can be provided.
I am Jason and my contact details as follow:
Posted on May 17, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 10, 2016 | Kitchen Ranges
Jun 27, 2014 | Kitchen Ranges
Dec 05, 2013 | Dryers
May 20, 2012 | Kitchen Ranges
May 25, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Oct 19, 2010 | Kobe Rangehoods CH-100 Series - 36" Wide x...
Nov 17, 2009 | Kitchen Ranges
May 13, 2009 | Faber Perla 602599 Kitchen Hood
5,261 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!