When I switch on or connect my player to a computer, it starts but won't go beyond the SanDisk welcome screen. The computer cannot read the device. I have tried discharging the battery but it doesn't work. Is there a way to reformat the player or is this a sign that the player doesn't work anymore?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
download the update software and install then lock your sansa hold in the rec key on the left at the same time push the menu/power button this will take you to recovery mode then connect to the computer Start the update software if it doesn't start automatic goto /start /all programs /Sandisk/sansa updater/ sansa updater and start it up manually... follow instructions on the updater and the sansa hope this works.... Please rate
I haven't run into this problem but try this, it might help...
First open your mp3 player and go to settings. Under the USB menu
change it to MSC. Then plug in the mp3 player to the computer. Open
the My Computer on your desktop, right click on the Sansa mp3 player
and click Format. Make sure Fat32 is checked and Quick format is
UNchecked. Then format the mp3 player. After that it should be clean
and work just like a USB drive.
try going to recovery mode and upgarade the firmware of the player. Recovery mode = enable hold switch press the record button and press the menu button until it shows welcome to recovery mode on the player.
Hi hope this helps. Turn off your e260. Slide the hold switch for it to show red/orange color. Then press the record button and the menu button until you see on the screen of the player "Welcome to Recovery Mode". Now go to the sandisk website and download the firmware update if you have not tried to update the firmware of the player. Run and install it on your computer, when it ask you to connect a device hook your player to the computer and then it will try to look for updates for the player. When it does update the firmware of the player. And also if you can get to the menus of the player you may want to format the player maybe it is your songs causing the problem. Switch the player to MSC then open My Computer and format your player on that window.
Try updating the firmware of your player. Switch the player to recovery mode (enable hold switch and press and hold the record and power button until you see on the screen welcome to recovery mode) download the sansa firmware updater on the sandisk website and install it to your computer. When it ask to connect the device connect the player and check if there are updates on the player. Also try to format the player it may be the songs on the player is causing the problem.
Hope this would help. Have you updated the firmware of your player? Try updating the firmware of your player. When the player is turn off slide the hold switch for it to show orange/red color. Then press the Record and the menu button until is shows on the screen welcome to recovery mode. Then go to sandisk website and download the firmware update and install it to your computer. When it ask you to connect a device connect the player and update the firmware of the player. If the update is successful then it would ask you to choose a language. Hope this helps
someone gave me this it really works
i had tried everything
im so happy
I have the EXACT same problem and my device is stuck in MSD. Which two files are you talking about? My sandisk support rep did not send me any attachment.
Thank you for contacting SanDisk Technical Support.
We should be able to fix your player. Disconnect the player from the computer if it is connected.
Please copy and paste the following link into your web browser address bar, and then click Go or hit your Enter key. When prompted, choose the option to Save the file to your Desktop.
Once you have downloaded the file, please follow these instructions.
1) Double click on My Computer so that you can see it on your screen.
2) Turn the player off.
3) On the top of the player is a Hold switch, move it to the right (toward the headphone jack) so you see Orange.
4) On the left hand side of the player is a Record button, press and hold it while connecting the player to the computer. Continue holding the Record button until you see a new icon under My Computer called 16MB FORMAT. Once you see that icon you may release the Record button.
5) Double click the file you downloaded earlier and run it. Follow all of the on-screen instructions, and when you get to the prompt where it asks you whether you would like to Format it, choose Yes. Once it is done, click Finish.
6) Disconnect the player and look at the screen. Several things will be displayed, and when you see Key Lock, System Shutdown, move the Hold switch on the top back to the left.
7) Turn the player on and watch the screen. If you see a Refresh Database Fail error, you will need to follow steps 1-7 again until you do not get the error. If it does not work the first time, it could take up to 3 times for it to work.