Question about NetGear : WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter, RETAIL (DSNGWG111)
I have installed correctly NetGear software
but i dont connect wire less connection
how can i sove this problem
microsoft Windows XP
service pack 3
Hi, perform the steps below to configure wireless connection settings on the concerned computer:
1. Right click on My Computer icon and go to Manage.
2. Go to Services then go to Service and Applications.
3. Double click on Wireless Zero Configuration.
4. Change the Start Up Type to Automatic and click on Apply
5. Click on Start and press OK to close the window.
6. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
7. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
8. Go to the 'Wireless Networks' tab .
9. Check the option 'Use Windows to Configure this Wireless Connection' and click 'OK'.
Now please perform the following instructions to connect to the wireless network:
1. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
2. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
3. Click on the 'wireless network' tab.
4. Under Preferred networks if you see any name in the list then highlight the name and click remove.Click OK.
5. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'View Available Networks'.
6. Look for the SSID (aka Network Name) of the Wireless router or access point.
4. Highlight the SSID from the list that you want to connect to.
5. Type the security Key here and click on the 'Connect' button.
6. You should have successfully established a wireless network connection.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Jul 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 19, 2011 | HP Computers & Internet
Aug 17, 2011 | NetGear WPN111 RangeMax Wireless USB 2.0...
Mar 13, 2011 | NetGear WirelessN 300 USB Adapter WNA3100
Jan 12, 2011 | NetGear Computers & Internet
Oct 13, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Nov 05, 2009 | NetGear WG111 802.11g/b Wireless Adapter
Sep 30, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Sep 18, 2009 | NetGear : WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0...
Apr 25, 2009 | NetGear DG834 Router
Apr 30, 2017 | NetGear : WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0...
Sep 07, 2010 | NetGear : WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0...
556 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: